Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > Speed - RC Nitro Boats
 Who woulda guessed? >

Who woulda guessed?

Community
Search
Notices
Speed - RC Nitro Boats For all your rc nitro fuel burning boating needs.

Who woulda guessed?

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2007, 01:49 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Who woulda guessed?

Well, i went into the lhs today, expecting to walk out with no more than 10 dollars in parts. But, just because i cant help it, i went and looked at the used vehicles shelf. Now usually my LHS deals with mostly cars and trucks, but there i see a proboat miss bud!! 130 dollars used! that alone was a good deal but when i got home i found a sharpened, polished, and i guess balanced (but i have no way of checking) ocura y535 prop! and a bunch of other spares! and it only has like half a gallon through the motor. There were some problems tho, there is some cracks. i REALLY hope that they are just in the finish, and not in the *shudders* fibreglass.. but we'll see. hopefully ill get out to run it today. Oh and this is my first nitro boat, i do have a proboat mini-v electric, however. ill take pics of the miss bud in a bit.
Old 09-22-2007, 09:52 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Who woulda guessed?

Nice one. I know the story. I'm just going to the shop to buy a few small things.... Wow look at that new model, better get that.
Old 09-22-2007, 10:13 PM
My Feedback: (20)

Sounds like you got a real good deal on a nice first boat for sport running, heres a link to a miss bud thread for you...[link=http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_2799689/tm.htm]miss bud thread[/link]...lookin foward to hearing how the first runs go...
Old 09-22-2007, 11:21 PM

Well, i ran it for a bit. About a tank. which seemed like a long time! it ran great for a while, but then i stopped for a bit, to try out the ocura y535. Then, when we would throw it in the water, it would instantly stall. fiddled around with that until i got sick of it. put the stock prop back on. still did it! what the heck? now it wont go. What could the problem be? i think it could be lean. it was sounding lean before, when it was out of the water, but once it was in, it was fine. oh, i also have a video (of when it was running good) uploading.
Old 09-23-2007, 09:36 AM
My Feedback: (1)

I think your right. If you were using the stock prop (purple octura x435), the metal y535 has more pitch and less flex which will increase the load on the engine. I would also check the balance of the prop.

That is a fun boat. I have one, but got a vegas and haven't touched the bud since then. The look of the bud is fabulous.
Old 09-23-2007, 03:56 PM

the weird part is that i tried the stock prop again and it did the same thing. but we didnt give it as much of a launch as we usually do, and it wasnt WOT. If i richen it, hopefully it should solve the problem. Oh, and yes, the bud looks FABULOUS!
Old 09-24-2007, 04:16 PM

ok. I was in the process of trying to make this thing faster... sanding the hull, removing high spots, and then came filling in the low spots.. My worse-than-average-epoxy skills didnt help, and neither did my less-than-desirable sanding tools. to make a very long story short i sanded through the paint in a couple places, but nothing too serious. What should i use for paint? and i assume that just painting it will seal it up again? if somebody could point me to a brand & color/type that would be real nice. Oh, and btw, how much of a difference in speed will the Y535 make vs the stock plastic Y534?