Community
Search
Notices
Speed - RC Nitro Boats For all your rc nitro fuel burning boating needs.

fine tuning

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2007, 11:02 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default fine tuning

hi guys, i was wondering what the effects are of moving my prop strut up and down? i'm trying to fine tune my thundercat31, it's mostly stock with the exception of a octura m445 prop, a cut rudder, and a macs exhaust pipe. so anyway, it's running great but on take offs it's alittle boggy(if thats a word) and i was wondering if moving the prop strut would help, or maybe what else i could do. the carb pretty much dialed in, and with the stock prop it didn't do this. i'm running on mostly calm water, and have never moved a strut i my life. so any help would be great. also i know theres a tc31 thread, but that's alittle slow right now. thanks
Old 10-24-2007, 03:21 PM

Default RE: fine tuning

Its slow because posts like this should be there. I saw wavewaker explained this to you already, and if you actually had better luck running the 215 prop then maybe you should use that. I know my TC31 would just cavatate with the 215 until it hooked up then it would go, m445 had no problems. Do as wave suggested already and mark your strut and move it a little bit at a time, it will be a trial and error process.

Paul
Old 10-24-2007, 03:58 PM

Default RE: fine tuning

sorry, i didn't realize the he responded. had i knew i would not have started this, again sorry but thanks for your time to