Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > Speed - RC Nitro Boats
 Winter Build II >

Winter Build II

Community
Search
Notices
Speed - RC Nitro Boats For all your rc nitro fuel burning boating needs.

Winter Build II

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2007, 08:33 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Winter Build II

Hi All,

This yrs Build will be a Firefighter .21 , with a Novarossi .21 LS. I will be starting this build in probably the next 2 weeks. I am getting a FF.21 kit and will be using Speedmaster hardware. I will be buy all thats needed to build this boat over the next 2 months or so, I should have kit and engine by next week.

Paul

Will post as I start getting the parts.
Old 10-27-2007, 09:06 AM
My Feedback: (1)

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts
Default RE: Winter Build II

Starting your winter build a little early aren't you? Yeah......., me too. It'll probably be done by January then I'll be abe to sit around and have a dose of cabin fever waiting for the water to thaw.
Old 10-27-2007, 09:18 AM

Ummm i got a couple projects for this winter but this will be a fresh build. I got a mono project and a .12 rigger that needs a new tub and the TC31 with a ops .45 and the mac needs some work. so i have a busy winter ahead, ohh and a extra .12 laying around so may make a little WildThing also.

Paul

ohhh I am considering trying some carbon fiber sides on the tub of the FF.21
Old 10-27-2007, 10:01 AM
My Feedback: (12)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

My winter projects are (in priority order):
[ol][*] Thin the fleet some[*] Overhaul of Sport 40 (new pushrods, thorough cleaning, repair a few stress cracks, and other maint work)[*] 1/8 scale 1984 Red Man[*] New .21 tunnel, will use JD's WOF plans[*] Overhaul .45 Roadrunner that I bought on eBay but haven't done much with[*] Complete several other boat projects after that...
[/ol]
Old 10-27-2007, 10:13 AM

Chuck, I'm thinning out the herd also. Paul bought my Speedmaster 21 and should have it Monday or Tuesday. My 7.5 Microburst may be sold to Hydro Junkie. I'm working on the American RC Boats Vee-Rod plus looking at getting a gas Cat.
Old 10-27-2007, 12:58 PM

My winter project will be;

Overhaul the Sprint Cat, get a new piston and have the liner honed and cork bond,

Cannibalize the Vegas for a possible project,

Overhaul the Aero 21 sport Hydro with a 45, and

Acquire a Stryker Cat F41.

Dan
Old 10-27-2007, 01:38 PM

Looks like everyones gonna have a busy winter season! I too have some work ahead of me but unlike you northies ,boy I sure dont miss the snow in Michigan , I'll be able to plop them in the water when Im finished. No cabin fever here Ron heck today its high nineties an humid, so humid I gotta wait 4 hours for my 30 min epoxy to really set. In order of importance my builds are as follows
1. Skunk Works cat you can see the start of the build here http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_6538540/tm.htm
2. Complete rework of the SV 27

Good luck everyone with their respective builds an post all the great photos as you go

-Wayne
Old 10-27-2007, 02:28 PM

Well my boys (three of them little guys) and I will be replacing the piece of @#$t .12 Dynamite motor in the oldest son's (10yrs old) .12ff with a great new motor. I am building a .12 Picco powered .12 Splinter outrigger, a 3.5 OS powered 28" JD WOF B stock tunnel and a 30" JD WOF Bmod tunnel (motor yet TBD) for myself. The middle son (8.5yrs old) is building a 3.5 K&B powered 28" JD WOF tunnel with the help of dear OLD dad. The youngest of them at 7yrs old opted for the ez route and wants a Miss Vages for Christmas. I think I'm all booked up for this winter and I have just started on building a new full scale 125cc alky motor for next years racing season.

Mark
Old 10-28-2007, 12:27 AM

Received 130 Likes on 123 Posts

Sounds like several of us have full plates for the winter. My winter will be full as well:
1) Finish at least one scale boat, if not two
2) Finish my Sport 40 Pay N' Pak
3) Get the funds together to take a Microburst off Ron's hands
4) Possibly try to guide Misshydro in a Dumas Eagle build to see if I can keep her from trying to mod the boat, a tall order knowing she thinks she can do things on her own. Needless to say, I'm not holding my breath on this one
Old 10-28-2007, 02:44 AM

i just finished my ff .21. i need hardware and a engine and that one will be done. i also have a 94 smokin joes from last winter that i am making some progress on. i love to build boats, it makes the winter fly by.

chris
Old 10-30-2007, 07:17 AM

I will post pics tonight, I got my 2- NovaRossi .21 LS yesterday and a 20 speedmaster mono. The Mono came with just about everything needs Rx and I have a .21 LS to replace the Blown Rossi Niagara (the Niagara will be another project in itself) the biggest problem I see with the mono is color and that is black. I may try and throw the mono together and test it before winter but I am not really sure yet. I will try and pic up the FF.21 stuff needed to start the build this week sometime. Sooo this build could be starting as soon as this weekend

Paul
Old 10-30-2007, 07:47 AM
My Feedback: (12)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

HJ, #4 is going to be your most difficult challenge.
Old 10-30-2007, 07:49 AM

Thats a given by Far Chuck !!
Old 10-30-2007, 09:29 AM

ORIGINAL: piper_chuck

HJ, #4 is going to be your most difficult challenge.
He's already stocking up on Aleve!
Paul, that boat runs great with the Nova Rossi in it but may need a smaller prop. That's what was originally in the boat before we blew that up also but the con-rod went in that one. We're suspecting that the sleeve warped. It should be a bolt-in as the header is also a Nova Rossi part.
Old 11-02-2007, 04:50 PM

Hi All,

Sorry I didn't post pics of the engines sooner, but here they are. Both of these engines and the NR .12 will be going to Rod Geraghty to have him make them the best they can be. One will be going into the FF .21 I will build this winter the other will go into the Speedmaster 20. I am really sorry for all the slacking on my part, I will try and get everything I have been wanting to do done ( you know what I mean, I am suppose to be helping some friends here and have slacked a little). Will post as soon as I have some more stuff done or bought for these projects.

Paul
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Qo39879.jpg
Views:	12
Size:	40.5 KB
ID:	795441   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ez83028.jpg
Views:	13
Size:	43.7 KB
ID:	795442  
Old 11-02-2007, 10:46 PM

The pipe should be perfect or close to it for the Nova Rossi but you might have to go down with the prop to the X-440 area. Try it with the 220 first to see if it'll turn it. Some are spinning an M-445 which is almost identical to the 220.
With Rod modding one, that puppy ought to scoot!