Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > Speed - RC Nitro Boats
 Dynamite .15 Carb Help >

Dynamite .15 Carb Help

Community
Search
Notices
Speed - RC Nitro Boats For all your rc nitro fuel burning boating needs.

Dynamite .15 Carb Help

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2007, 09:35 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dynamite .15 Carb Help

Had this motor sitting for a while pulled it out to see about another small project while Im twiddling my thumbs waiting for my motor for the Skunk Works cat [:@][:@][:@](yes still waiting....) I ran it last in salt thought I got everything cleaned up right an ready for storage but the carb is shot the HS neddle doesnt repond I turn an it dont move an the throttle arm is free moving while the carb is unresponsive[:'(]. I pulled the motor apart an everything is tip top shape so its just the crappy carb has gone to a better place...My I was stupid an junked another part trophy wall! Now can I buy just a direct replacement if so where or if the money is about the same how bout a better aftermarket carb??? Any Suggestions?
-Wayne
Old 11-29-2007, 09:41 AM

Default RE: Dynamite .15 Carb Help

No idea where you will get one in the states.
Old 11-29-2007, 09:02 PM

Ok so how bout one where I wouldnt have to have shipped in with my black sausage Now none of you limeys take offense. Just playing around! Seriously though how bout here in the states I found the dynamite replacement carb from their web site but isnt their a better alternative? Is their any way to make this dynamite not such a pooper?[&:]
Old 11-30-2007, 07:42 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The dynamite engine is kind of a [pooper]due to poor porting and mass machining and being a .15 is strike three, perry carbs has one to fit almost any application.
Old 12-02-2007, 12:50 PM

I have a dynamite .12SPD and it is the biggest turd I own. Did you try soaking the carb in laquar thinner for awhile? the arm slipping is nothing you can't fix. That is if you can free the barrel up.

Mark
Old 12-06-2007, 09:41 AM

perry carbs could be a good alternative. or, take your COMPLETELY apart. any adj., count turns until tight-all the way in. then take it out & clean. get a crock pot, some basic green antifreeze, and put the parts in to cook on high for the afternoon. 3-5 hrs. works for most stuff. rinse in water, blow dry, reassemble. titen all adj., and back out the # of turns noted, BEFORE disassembly. sounds wild, but the antifreeze deal really works.
Old 12-06-2007, 10:10 AM

Thanks for the suggestions guys will probably use the antifreeze idea an the see if I can get her to turn
-Wayne
Old 12-07-2007, 12:07 AM

Use WD40 or PB blast to free it up! I had one that did the same thing and it worked. Plus had a slide carb that did it to. But after I'd freed them up found out that it had somthing on them like rust or a metal bur on them to amost frozen them up.I'd also used 1500 grit wet sand paper to the barrow to clean them up alittle and worked fine since.[8D]
Old 12-07-2007, 12:31 AM

Wayne,
If your going to use the Antifreeze method,,pick up a crock pot at a second hand store (or buy the wife a new one for X-Mass ) and besure to do it outside where no one (or animal) can get to it !!,,,and save the antifreeze for next time

Safety First
Joe
Old 12-07-2007, 12:41 AM
My Feedback: (1)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You know what works killer on carbs is Hoppe's No. 9 gun cleaning fluid. Just back out the needle and hang that seperate from the carb from a twist tie hooked over the jar. Jiggle it a little to get any trapped air out, and in an hour or two, take it out and juice it up with brake cleaner to remove the oils, and you'll see that everything is whistle clean, especially the brass. Nothing survives that trick and gunk can't hide.

PS: Check and remove any O-rings, it will rock harden them.
Old 12-07-2007, 03:23 PM

jetpack, do you ever run out of cool ideas? same guy that taught me the antifreeze trick. being a hunter, i haves hoppes #9! thanx again for neat time (and$) savers.
Old 12-07-2007, 03:47 PM
My Feedback: (1)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

LOL! Mopar, it comes from being from a long line of scavenger boat racers - you get exposed to everything that can turn one man's junk into your own jewels cheap to go back and win with (that's always the biggest trophy), plus being in the machinist trade where being able to properly salvage is the name of the game some of the time. I have to admit, there is also lots of good people here at RCU that is willing to share, and that is unbeatable - it has saved me more than a few times with the headscratchers I've run into with our sport.

Hoppe's also has another cleaner that cleans strickly copper and brass, and if you have any sort of brass it will clean it down to bright again. Careful though because left in TOO long it will remove the brass!
Old 12-31-2007, 03:43 PM
My Feedback: (38)

If I remember right, I once used a traxxas 15 carb on one of those poopoo engines and it woke it up. I never rebuilt it after it got tired.
Good luck
Old 01-02-2008, 08:15 PM

hey goldendesign04 i have many of the (poo poo) motors as people r saying. if u want to wake it up just add 2head shims and get a xtm carb for it. after that put 60% fuel and she'll run all day long. o ya she WONT B SLOW...... just my 2 cents[8D]