Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > Speed - RC Nitro Boats
 tiger drive for stock miss vegas motor? >

tiger drive for stock miss vegas motor?

Community
Search
Notices
Speed - RC Nitro Boats For all your rc nitro fuel burning boating needs.

tiger drive for stock miss vegas motor?

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-2008, 01:52 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default tiger drive for stock miss vegas motor?

anybody know the p# for the tiger drive cover set-up for the stock u-18 miss vegas motor? and will the same bit i use for the rotostart covers work with the tiger drive cover? i just bought my twin sons some redcat monster trucks for xmas and converted them to rotostart before ever wrapping em up, so starting the boat with the same cordless drill set-up would be AWESOME same bit?
Old 12-22-2008, 08:58 AM
My Feedback: (1)

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts
Default RE: tiger drive for stock miss vegas motor?

It looks like part # S681 is what you need: http://www.sullivanproducts.com/TigerDriveMainFrame.htm .
Old 12-22-2008, 12:42 PM

you really should mod it a bit to work better though, i had one sieze on the start shaft, because it does not protrude far enough into the one way bearing on the aqua engine. i 'pressed' the one way bearing a little further into the gear of the tiger drive, so the start shaft fits farther into it. it now works, but they are tempermental, need to be cleaned, and are a little more maintenance than i like..........

davey
Old 12-22-2008, 01:03 PM

Flood an engine and they're toast also. The gear is only press-fit onto the shaft unless they're finally fixed that problem.
Give me a belt and hand-held starter anytime. The initial cost is more but more worth it to me in the long run.
Old 12-22-2008, 01:07 PM

ORIGINAL: Ron Olson

Flood an engine and they're toast also. The gear is only press-fit onto the shaft unless they're finally fixed that problem.
Give me a belt and hand-held starter anytime. The initial cost is more but more worth it to me in the long run.
may be the way to go for me as well, the u-18 i'm looking at already is set up for handheld/belt starting. can i just use my airplane starter? wasn't sure if it'd work, i know its got the power to do it.
Old 12-22-2008, 01:19 PM

If your starter has the nosecone/pulley setup on it then it should be able to crank it over. Even some of the cheapest hand-held starters on 12 volts will turn an Aquacraft engine over.
Old 12-22-2008, 03:42 PM

Using a starting belt(if you have an electric starter) is the only way to go for starting RTR engines. Every one of my MVs has a belt for starting. Once the engine has started, I often will use the pull start because it works fine with a warm engine.

JD