Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > Speed - RC Nitro Boats
 supervee 27 ???? >

supervee 27 ????

Community
Search
Notices
Speed - RC Nitro Boats For all your rc nitro fuel burning boating needs.

supervee 27 ????

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2009, 11:42 PM
My Feedback: (31)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default supervee 27 ????

im planning on one of these, been looking around the site for imfo..
besides a hughey flex drive, what do you guys and gals recomend
for this boat???

thanx....
Old 01-06-2009, 12:16 AM
My Feedback: (1)

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts
Default RE: supervee 27 ????

We've got a huge thread in here but you may have to go back a few pages or do a search.
Upgrade the prop to one of the Aquacraft Grimracer props. Get the adjustable trim tabs from www.offshoreelectrics.com . You can get the Hughey flex cable, Octura drive dog and prop nuts there also.
Old 01-06-2009, 12:23 AM

thanx ron.....
Old 01-06-2009, 01:03 AM

http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_5662498/tm.htm
Old 01-06-2009, 01:13 AM

Just ignore the ugly old guy on the first page!
That was one long day driving to Toledo and back with maybe 4 hours sleep the night before. Note that the parking lot ticket was still under the windshield wiper and maps on the dashboard. Those aren't shades but tinted glasses. It's a good thing as you couldn't see my bloodshot eyes!
Old 01-06-2009, 09:14 PM

ORIGINAL: Ron Olson

We've got a huge thread in here but you may have to go back a few pages or do a search.
Upgrade the prop to one of the Aquacraft Grimracer props. Get the adjustable trim tabs from www.offshoreelectrics.com . You can get the Hughey flex cable, Octura drive dog and prop nuts there also.
ron can you help me out in getting the right parts???
HUGHEY FLEX DRIVE
part# HUG-E1067SP OR HUG-B6666???
OCTURA DRIVE DOG
part# oct-oc6dmm???
PROP NUT
oct-oc6pnmm????
do i need anything else special to install the new flex drive, teflon tube???
been messin with nitro cars and trucks for years but the boats
are new to me...
thanx agin for all your help!!!

chris....
Old 01-07-2009, 12:48 AM

The E1067SP is the one that you need, the B-6666 has a 3/16" cable going to a 3/16" propshaft.
The drive dog that you want is the one with the smaller OD as it fits 3-blade props better.
Use a regular prop nut as although the streamlined ones look cooler, they don't stay on very well.
You shouldn't need ot replace the Teflon liner unless yours is shot. Keep the cable lubed and you shouldn't have any problems.
Speaking of lubed, it doesn't hurt to soak the cable in some automatic transmission fluid. Put the cable in a Zip-Lock bag with some ATF and twist it around in there once in a while then grease the cable before installing. This helps to get the inner strands lubed.
Check out the Grimracer props while you're in there plus the adjustable trim tabs.
Read the SV-27 N thread while you're waiting for the water to thaw up there in Eau Claire as there's plenty to read.
As a side note, I don't know if you knew it or not but Mike "Grimracer" Zaborowski is from Eau Claire!
Old 01-07-2009, 02:49 PM

hea Chris,

The locals run at the Blue Beaver pond in Chippewa Falls. You can contact Big Bryon (local club dude) to help you get the thing going. [email protected]

Grimracer
Old 01-07-2009, 08:12 PM

ORIGINAL: Ron Olson

The E1067SP is the one that you need, the B-6666 has a 3/16" cable going to a 3/16" propshaft.
The drive dog that you want is the one with the smaller OD as it fits 3-blade props better.
Use a regular prop nut as although the streamlined ones look cooler, they don't stay on very well.
You shouldn't need ot replace the Teflon liner unless yours is shot. Keep the cable lubed and you shouldn't have any problems.
Speaking of lubed, it doesn't hurt to soak the cable in some automatic transmission fluid. Put the cable in a Zip-Lock bag with some ATF and twist it around in there once in a while then grease the cable before installing. This helps to get the inner strands lubed.
Check out the Grimracer props while you're in there plus the adjustable trim tabs.
Read the SV-27 N thread while you're waiting for the water to thaw up there in Eau Claire as there's plenty to read.
As a side note, I don't know if you knew it or not but Mike "Grimracer" Zaborowski is from Eau Claire!
thanx agin ron....
so grims from EC... cool....
i know big bryon i used to work with him in chippewa....
used to give him **** about his STUPID LITTLE BOATS.......
how things change.....