Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > Speed - RC Nitro Boats
 Traxxas Pro.15 marine engine >

Traxxas Pro.15 marine engine

Community
Search
Notices
Speed - RC Nitro Boats For all your rc nitro fuel burning boating needs.

Traxxas Pro.15 marine engine

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-2009, 01:59 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Traxxas Pro.15 marine engine

does anyone know what the power output of a traxxas<span class="Apple-style-span" style="font-family: Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 11px; ">Pro.15 marine engine is? It is in the Nitro V and I will be replacing it. I'd like to know what the power output is right now so I know where to go from here.

Thanks<br type="_moz" /></span>
Old 11-16-2009, 12:22 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Traxxas Pro.15 marine engine

I see no one has replied to you yet, so thought I'd chime in for you. I did a search on the 'net and the Traxxas website w/no luck.

If you really want the engine's specs, I guess you'll have to call their support number at -888-TRAXXAS.... but for what it is worth, it has been pointed out that the power/RPM claims published by engine mfrs are NOT fully accurate.... so trying to compare engines on this basis is like trying to choose between two liars... you'll have to decide who is lying more.

Also, for what it is worth, an engine guru cant often tweak your engine for you and get you more performance (cost is usually a little under $100 from what I've been told). Or you can replace the engine as you are thinking. Like everyone else, I'm guessing you want to go faster - how much faster??? (And know that if its alot faster, you'll probably be wanting to go faster than the hull itself can reliably run at, which means you'll have to look for anoither boat AS WELL as another engine - just an FYI).