Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > T-Rex heli
 IS 9c to low for 450xl ccpm >

IS 9c to low for 450xl ccpm

Community
Search
Notices
T-Rex heli For all you T-Rex lovers out there, this where you can post!

IS 9c to low for 450xl ccpm

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2006, 05:44 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default IS 9c to low for 450xl ccpm

This question is for problem solving on my other post. When i bought my t-rex it came with everything but the tx. The batterys are 11.1v 2200mah with a 9c discharge rate. I'm having problems with glitching and have been able to tone the glitching down by wraping my tail servo wires together and using 4 layers of heat shrink to shield them from whatever is making the servo glitch.This helped drastically. i just hovered for a while and at first there were no glitches and then it started to glitch a little after about 5 min. Is there a way for the battery to cause this. Wen I removed the battery it was very warm( Not to hot for touch but not to far away)only flew for about 8min total before batttery went dead.. I'm not real hip to lipo's and have read a little but don't understand all the technical stuff. i know that batteries affect the ESC and when I removed the tail servo (but left it pluged in to gyro)and moved it awayfrom the heli it would stop glitching as I moved it closer it would slowly get worse. Shielding it helped a lot but I'm sure that is just a bandaid for the real problem. I've replaced Esc,motor,servos,and moved everthing around. Before I buy new batteries can someone mabe give me some more ideas on what to check.

Setup= t-rex 450xl ccpm,430l,25a esc,align gyro,2200mah w/9c,DX6 tx
Old 03-28-2006, 05:56 PM

Default RE: IS 9c to low for 450xl ccpm

9C isn't great, but I don't think that would be causing glitches......

how do you have your antenna routed? also, don't forget that your esc and motor wires need to be as far away from your receiver and antenna wire as you can get them.

From what I've read on the forums, a ferrite ring installed on the wire between your ESC and your reciever is the best thin you can do to help reduce glitches if everything else turns out alright.
Old 03-29-2006, 04:23 AM

Hi
What receiver are you using ?
What is your setup ?
Regards
Andrew
Old 03-29-2006, 07:38 AM

Setup= t-rex 450xl ccpm,430l,align 25a esc,align gyro,2200mah w/9c,DX6 tx