Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > T-Rex heli
 trex 450 or trex 450xl >

trex 450 or trex 450xl

Community
Search
Notices
T-Rex heli For all you T-Rex lovers out there, this where you can post!

trex 450 or trex 450xl

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2006, 07:55 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default trex 450 or trex 450xl

Ok, here is my problem I am going to be buying a trex of some sort and I thought I would just go out and buy a new trex 450XL kit and build it, I already have a Futaba 6xas radio and 3 hitec55 servos and an 2100 battery so all I would need is the receiver $50 dollars and a good gyro $80 dollars and I would be set right? Well I was at my LHS and they have a built trex 450 for sale RTF for $650 dollars nice JR radio,batter,charger,jr servos,futaba gyro and all the normal align stuff. So here are the questions, would I be disserved by the 450 vs. the 450xl? I know there are lots of improvements in the 450xl but it just seems so much easier to go the 450 route. I am NOT a 3D flyer I take more enjoyment from scale flying and am looking for a nice solid stable machine. Any advice would be great!
Old 05-18-2006, 08:51 PM
My Feedback: (3)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: trex 450 or trex 450xl

Don't think get the XL and a 401 gyro
Old 05-18-2006, 09:20 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: trex 450 or trex 450xl

I would also highly recommend the 401 gyro. It is more expensive than some gyros. But it is better. Get it.
The 3x HS55 servos are poor candidates for cyclic on the T-Rex. HS56 will be much better, and HS65 is what I would buy if I were doing it now.

Buying a kit and building it yourself is a very valuable learning aid. And you DO need to learn about working on model helis. Every crash will require you to troubleshoot broken pieces, remove/replace, and then set up the model all over again. Without going through this will all new pieces, your first crash will be catastrophic.

The 450X is certainly flyable. It just needs more tweaking to get it set. Hmmm... Which JR transmitter? Which charger? And with the futaba gyro...

Vince