Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > T-Rex heli
 Which T-rex for a beginner? >

Which T-rex for a beginner?

Community
Search
Notices
T-Rex heli For all you T-Rex lovers out there, this where you can post!

Which T-rex for a beginner?

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2007, 02:03 PM
My Feedback: (4)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Which T-rex for a beginner?

I own a Blade CX and have gotten pretty good with that. I've done quite a bit of time on the sim and I want a bigger heli that I can fly outside. I've pretty much decided that I want a T-rex 450 but there are so many choices. I have a heli computer radio so I want to utilize ccpm. I think I'll use a Futaba heading hold gyro. My biggest question really is... Is the T-rex a pretty stable heli? I'm not interested in doing 3-d. I just want to fly around and do some loops and rolls. But I'm still learning so I need a heli that is stable and doesn't hunt all over the place. I fly my friends Blade CP Pro and it was a handful. But it also doesn't have a heading hold gyro. But anyways. Which T-rex is the cheapest and simplest and most stable while still using 120* ccpm with 3 servos on the swash? I don't want bling. I just want simple.
Old 01-18-2007, 04:21 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Which T-rex for a beginner?

The T-Rex is not as stable as your CX, but should be more stable than a CP. On the scale of stability, the CX and other counter-torating rotor models are very stable. Micro FP (fixed pitch) helis are at the least stable end of the scale. The Blade CP is more stable than the FPs, and the T-Rex 450 is slightly more stable than that. My experience form there is just with bigger helis, like the T-Rex 600 and Nitro 30 and 50 sized helis. All more stable.

As for which one to get, any will work. I would prefer the SE the most, and then the SA next. The CDE and HDE models have more linkages than I care for.
Old 01-18-2007, 06:01 PM

go for the se, it comes with motor and esc, carbon frames and all the alum parts already,the sa is bare bones,no motor ,esc , plastic (less crashworthy) parts
Old 01-18-2007, 11:15 PM

I agree, the SE is a much better deal in the long run.