Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > T-Rex heli
 Align 90 class Heli >

Align 90 class Heli

Community
Search
Notices
T-Rex heli For all you T-Rex lovers out there, this where you can post!

Align 90 class Heli

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2007, 11:21 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Align 90 class Heli

According to RC Heli mag in the FEB/MAR 2007 issue, Align is developing a 90 class electric Heli..... Cool but how many of us can really afford or justify the battery pack cost for a 90 electric. What do you need, like two 10s lipo pack to power a beast like that for 5 minutes, so... that equates to like $700 in batteries? Thats why Mikado Bionics and Century Ion's don't exactly fly off the shelf.
I am telling you these RC manufactures must know something about whats going to happen to Lipo costs that we don't.
The day I see a 6s1p pack cost $50 I will be screaming for joy!
Old 02-16-2007, 12:16 AM

Default RE: Align 90 class Heli

I feel your pain [&:] I caught a good deal on the trex 600 some guy on ebay in cali had it for a few monthes tried to return it unopened when that didnt work out he put it on ebay for $400 and I jump on it well I didnt do research on them,(was looking at 450 s) so when it came time to get the batteries i bout for a few days, then bit the bullet... what you think i was going to sell it?...... yeah right
Old 02-16-2007, 07:41 AM

Default RE: Align 90 class Heli

You know - I'm right now looking at purchasing a 600 and I got all the stuff I want picked out - now I'm getting into finding out that the "Charger to end all chargers" that my LHS guy sold to me a few months ago only handles up to 3 cells. Now I've got to get a whole new charger, not only that but I've got to get an adapter for whatever brand battery's balance lead charger to make it compatible - because I'm reading a lot about how you really should balance charge a 6s. Pain in the ass - I'm also reading that the Align battery is crap - they tested it out and found that it was way over temp after only a mild 3D run of about 5 minutes. I'm thinking thunder power 5000Mah - but you know the costs of this crap tags on an Extra $89 for the better battery, and a whole new charger that I priced at around $120. I was already looking at $1400! Now I gotta spend more? I was thinkin about sayin to hell with it! Who wants to wait for a battery to charge anymore? I know I'm getting sick of it - fly 8 minutes - wait for an hour - fly 8 minutes - oops - last battery isn't cooled down yet - wait another 20 mins - ok now charge and wait another hour - I'm thinkin about junking the whole 600 idea and going straight to a Nitro - I'm almost positive I can get a nice Nitro setup with everything I need to fuel it up and start it for under $1500 - AM I RIGHT? Hell - I can fly it for 20 minutes - fuel it up for 1 minutes - and fly it for 20 minutes again - Much more flight time I would immagine.