Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > T-Rex heli
 tail wont hold in 3d >

tail wont hold in 3d

Community
Search
Notices
T-Rex heli For all you T-Rex lovers out there, this where you can post!

tail wont hold in 3d

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2007, 10:04 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default tail wont hold in 3d

when i go to do tic tocs or a full negitive pitch decent then a hard climbout the tail breaks out and does about two revolutions as soon as you pull the pitch back she holds. im runing a 401 gyro on a se v2. i cant get any more pitch out of the tail blades because the slider will hit if i put any more travel in it. is it that im just trying to move the collective to fast and the gyro cant hold ie poor collective managment

thanks

ken
Old 07-25-2007, 02:39 AM

Default RE: tail wont hold in 3d

Did you adjust the endpoints to fit the slider travel? If you adjusted the limit on the gyro using the limit pot, the servo input on a Gy401 becomes the rate of turn, not the pitch itself. So your endpoint adjustment in your Tx has to stay at 100%, or lower if you think 100% gives you too much autority.
Old 07-25-2007, 06:08 AM

I was also just reading in another thread where a guy was having this issue, and the solution was to move to CF blades. He was running the 325 Pro (wood) blades. The extra flexing of the wood blades made more drag than his gryo/tr could control during high collective maneuvers.
Old 07-25-2007, 06:28 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If you have the linkages and tail servo setup maxed out without binding, then the next step is to run more head speed.
Try a bit less pitch on the main blades.
This will bog the motor less, leaving more RPM for the tail rotor to use to counter the torque of the main blades.
Old 07-25-2007, 06:29 AM

Yeah, if your head speed is bogging or too low to begin with, then this could happen. Of course, it could be other things like belt slippage, etc. I would check the head speed first though, to make sure it's adequate. For hard 3D, you want at least 2800 or more if possible...
Old 07-25-2007, 09:12 PM

im running a 13 tooth pinion im getting full throw it bogs a little but not what i would think is excesive im running carbon tail blades and main blades im only running 10 degrees positive and negitive
Old 07-26-2007, 12:21 AM

Ken,
I'm not sure of the real cause of your problem, but I would try to make sure you're inputting collective in tic tocs before cyclic. Hit the collective to change direction with no cyclic. After it begins to move in the new direction add collective to make the arc. This will bog the head much less making it easier for your gyro/tail servo. You'll find with this technique you don't really need full collective at all, which will help keep headspeed up even more.
Old 07-26-2007, 05:59 PM

i tryed some diffrent things on how i was moving my collective and it seems to have helped greatly.
Old 07-26-2007, 11:27 PM

cool! When I started to get a handle on that everything suddenly became easier. Good job!
Old 07-27-2007, 04:15 PM

yeah i guess i was just so afraid of when i go inverted of not putting enough collective in it i was just banging the stick once i calmed down she flew alot better.