Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > T-Rex heli
 New tail combo alert >

New tail combo alert

Community
Search
Notices
T-Rex heli For all you T-Rex lovers out there, this where you can post!

New tail combo alert

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2007, 09:10 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New tail combo alert

The 401/9650 is pretty much the go-to combo for rock solid tail control. No questioning whats been done successfully already. Recently, however, I decided to put a logictech 2100t gyro (not that new but still largely unknown) coupled to the brand new futaba s9257 digital servoon my 450SA. First off, lemme just say that 2 of the logictech gyros could fit INSIDE the 401!!! its super tiny, smaller even than the align 500/telebee/g90 size. And boy does it work...WELL. the futaba servo is pretty new too, its the same size as the 9650 except its quite a bit faster, .08 sec. at 4.8v. I only have the gain cranked up to about 55 (not even close to tail wag) or so and full collective punch outs and backward flight are rock solid. The gyro is very adjustable for servo travel in both directions which is nice and i just cant get over how small it is. Im not doing anything near 3d yet but i fly aggressively for what i can do and its a fantastic combo. the 9257 is also the same price as the 9650 which is cool too, the gyro is a bit cheaper than the king, the 401 so for pilots on a budget (me included) its a performance bargain!!