Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > T-Rex heli
 Autorotation Gear Wobble >

Autorotation Gear Wobble

Community
Search
Notices
T-Rex heli For all you T-Rex lovers out there, this where you can post!

Autorotation Gear Wobble

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-2007, 10:11 PM
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Autorotation Gear Wobble

I'm putting together a TREX 450XL CDE. I was not impressed with the stock fuselage so I bought a heli-direct HDX450-BQT-V3. Very nice, but the stock gear pulley didn't fit. Bought a microheli, but it didn't line up with the auto-rotation gear. Bought a heli-direct HDX450-GS106 main/auto gear and pull set. Lines up fine, but the auto-rotation gear tracks up and down the mating pulley gear about 1/2 mm. The main gear has plenty of clearance and no wobble.

If I look at the gears from the side, I can see that the auto-rotation gear is tilted slightly relative to the main gear.

Is the retaining hex and bolt that attach the auto-rotation gear to the main shaft supposed to be super tight?

Anyone have any thoughts or recommendations?
Old 09-04-2007, 02:42 PM

Default RE: Autorotation Gear Wobble

my align gears all seem to have a bit of warping on them, doesnt seem a problem as long as there is gd contact right the way round
Old 09-07-2007, 10:19 AM

I bought the helidirect gear too. Problem is that the tail gear is about a millimeter or two larger than it should be. This causes the warping. I burned out a motor before catching it.
Old 10-08-2007, 11:25 AM

If you overtight the bottom mainshaft bolt it will warp the gear, try loosened it up and use lock-tite to hold the nut. If it has been like that for a long time you probally will have to replace it. Sorry for the late answer but I do't visit this site often. I hope this help, because I had the same problem until I find out what I was doing wrong.