Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > T-Rex heli
 Can't get the T-Rex 450SE off the ground DX6-Tx and AR6000 Rx >

Can't get the T-Rex 450SE off the ground DX6-Tx and AR6000 Rx

Community
Search
Notices
T-Rex heli For all you T-Rex lovers out there, this where you can post!

Can't get the T-Rex 450SE off the ground DX6-Tx and AR6000 Rx

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2007, 09:12 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Can't get the T-Rex 450SE off the ground DX6-Tx and AR6000 Rx

Hi. I have a T-Rex 450SE and i'm trying to get the bird off the ground. I have a DX6 Tx and a AR6000 Rx. I have put the bird up to full throttle and it wouldn't take off...any suggestions ...maybe you can give me the setup that you have and I can try that (pitch settings etc.).

Also, I reverse the servos for the aileron and it reverses just about everything. I would expect the left/right aileron controls would reverse, but it seems like all the servos go nutz when I do...Any suggestions?

Thanks
-Steve
Old 10-01-2007, 10:54 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Can't get the T-Rex 450SE off the ground DX6-Tx and AR6000 Rx

You really need to watch Finless bobs videos on helifreak.com. In order to properly set up your TREX you need to get the entire head set up properly and also get your servos working correctly.
Or.................... you go go to this site and follow thier setup too. [link=http://www.digimemphoto.com/guides/backguide.htm]TREX 450SE setup guide[/link]

__________________________________________________ ___________________________________

Of all the things I ever lost....................................... I miss my mind the most!
Old 10-02-2007, 03:44 PM

Swashplate should be set up to 120 degree configuration. With thottle hold on, all three servos should rise when you increase throttle/collective stick. If not, reverse the ones that don't. At full throttle, you should have 10 degree positive pitch. A good 3-point throttle collective setting for beginners is: throttle: 0%, Collective: 0 degrees, throttle 50%, collective 4 degrees, throttle 100%, collective 10 degrees. This will keep your rotor speed up.
Old 10-03-2007, 09:15 AM

ORIGINAL: rlsloan

At full throttle, you should have 10 degree positive pitch.
I would preface this with "at least". I'm running +/- 11 degrees. Also, the cyclic pitch should be at least 6 degrees.