Community
Search
Notices
T-Rex heli For all you T-Rex lovers out there, this where you can post!

optic 6 / 450se

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-2007, 10:13 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default optic 6 / 450se

Hi, I have a Hitec optic 6 and the 35A align esc/3550kv motor.

I cannot figure out how to program the motor or make it work properly. If anyone has any experience with the otpic 6 could you please tell me so I can ask questions to figure out how to set it up, thanks.
Old 10-14-2007, 11:39 PM

Default RE: optic 6 / 450se

Your not very clear what your problem is but if you look [link=http://www.helifreak.com/showthread.php?t=11373]here[/link] you will find a vid on esc set up. Its very clear.
Old 10-14-2007, 11:56 PM

I am looking for people with experience with the optic 6 so I can ask questions, I don't really have a problem just would like some general advice.

Anyway, I do have the motor all set up now but I can't figure out why my throttle is mixed in with elevator not the cyclic.. if I were to unplug the motor it would appear that everything was fine (elevator, rudder, ailerons all work proper) so how do I get the throttle onto the other side of the controller to work in unison with the cyclic? maybe I am having a brain fart but I have been thinking about this for over 2 hours now and cant think of the solution.

I went into model no.2 where everything is default and the throttle is in the correct place.. which means my connections to the reciver are right (I think)
Old 10-15-2007, 12:29 AM

Ok so assuming you have a mode 2 tx (left stick throttle), with the motor unplugged if you push up on the left stick the swash plate moves down and if you move cyclic (right stick) then you get for, aft, left, right movement correct? sowhat your saying is when you connect the motor, the rpm of the motor is dictated by cyclic??
Old 10-15-2007, 10:47 AM

The throttle position of any tx you are using signals the ESC to set the programming steps. It is not unique to the Optic 6. Since the Align manual is useless in understanding these steps, Google it and you will find more information. I have found the Optic 6 to be an excellent Tx for flying helos.
Old 10-15-2007, 07:23 PM

I'm going to go try switching modes,

as of right now the rpm's of the motor are mixed with the elevator only (If I pull the right stick back motor stops, if I push the right stick forwards the rpm's pick up.) Left stick does nothing to the throttle. anyways Im going to go try switching modes and Ill say how that goes.

Thanks guys.
Old 10-15-2007, 07:26 PM

ok... now my problem is backwards, throttle is on the left side but so is the elevator [:@] swash has moved to the right side, I guess I have to clear everything and start from scratch
Old 10-15-2007, 10:51 PM

I have tried switching modes, changing channels.. but nothing has fixed this, if somebody has any idea what I'm talking about pleeeease help.

The heli seems to be all setup properly in mode 1 but of course the throttle is on the wrong side and if I switch over to mode 2 my throttle is in the right place but my whole cyclic system gets out of whack.