Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > T-Rex heli
 question about the t-rex head.... >

question about the t-rex head....

Community
Search
Notices
T-Rex heli For all you T-Rex lovers out there, this where you can post!

question about the t-rex head....

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2007, 06:09 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default question about the t-rex head....

Hi guys.... I just realized that the head of my t-rex moves slightly.... check out the video [link]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9pN4nVZgOfo[/link] I am a newbie, so I don't know whether it's normal or not....... if it's not what is damaged????? it's the whole head, I remember in a crash a while ago, the screw that crosses the main shaft and the head broke and damaged inside the head, but I just kept on flying like that.... it's now that I see (after 20 flights maybe) that the head moves and the screw is tight (of course, after the crash I replaced the screw).... do you think this can cause that it's pretty hard for me to track the blades??????

P.S. Dampeners and metal little ring in the head are new, I just replaced them.
Old 10-17-2007, 06:25 PM

Default RE: question about the t-rex head....

Matador,

I'm a n00b TREX-er too, so I won't be able to tell you what's wrong, but I just got done building my V2 head and I can tell you that mine definitely does NOT do that. I thought it was your vise, at first, but...

I'll be watching this thread, though. I hope someone can help you soon.
Old 10-17-2007, 07:08 PM

where exactly do you feel it wobble? Its hard to tell if the main shaft is wobbling also. Or is it just the head on the shaft?
Old 10-17-2007, 07:20 PM
My Feedback: (7)

These are just guesses but they might be worth checking. Flex the head to one side(doesn't even sound good to say) and look for a crack at the base of the head block. Be sure to check both sides carefully, especially around the hole for the mounting screw. If the block is cracked it will open up when you flex it. If that is not the case, pull the head and inspect the shaft thoroughly. Roll it on a piece of glass or some other flat surface to check for bends, and maybe stick a screwdriver or something into the hole and pry gently to check for a crack there. I could be way off here but even metal parts can be damaged in a hard enough crash.
Edit: Just thought of something else. While you have the head off, check inside the hole where the mian shaft enters. You said there was some damage in there, was just thinking that it may have rounded out over time or something.
Old 10-18-2007, 09:22 AM

I replaced the main shaft, sheafering shaft, dampeners. The part that wobbles is the head, slightly but it does...... lastly it has been pretty hard to track the blades, and now, I have used 2 batt packs and I can't get the blades tracked, it's always one or the other that is low or high (the blades are well balanced).... I'll try another 2 batt packs and If I can't I'll order the head housing.......... In this crash I was talking about, the screw broke and it scratched badly the inside of the head, I don't know if that plus some oil that has got in could be the caused that the head is loose now, not much, but I can't get the blades tracked..... (also, I don't even know if that is the reason or I am pretty bad with the blade tracking) []
Old 10-18-2007, 10:37 AM
My Feedback: (4)

I just bought an SA used from a guy who had it in a crash. My head does exactly the same thing. It wobbles ever so slightly back and forth and I can't get the blades to track at all. I think tonight I'll take the head apart again and check the shaft where it attaches to the head and check the head block. I'' let you know what I found later on tonight.
Old 10-18-2007, 11:49 AM

I already did it the other day and I could see the scratches inside but the main shaft fit in there tight again..... I guess that now, after a couple of another changes of main shafts it has become loose because now the main shafts fits so easy, before I had to push it strong to fit it, now it just goes by itself, I am gonna try 2-4 batt packs, if I can't track the blades, I'll ask the head block and I'll replace it......... QUESTION...... should the main shaft fit tight in the head block?????? cause mine now fits so easy, I don't even have to push, maybe that is the reason for the wobbling
Old 10-18-2007, 02:03 PM

It should be snug, but not so tight that you literally have to force it on.
Old 10-18-2007, 05:41 PM

ORIGINAL: matador_24

Hi guys.... I just realized that the head of my t-rex moves slightly.... check out the video [link]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9pN4nVZgOfo[/link] I am a newbie, so I don't know whether it's normal or not....... if it's not what is damaged????? it's the whole head, I remember in a crash a while ago, the screw that crosses the main shaft and the head broke and damaged inside the head, but I just kept on flying like that.... it's now that I see (after 20 flights maybe) that the head moves and the screw is tight (of course, after the crash I replaced the screw).... do you think this can cause that it's pretty hard for me to track the blades??????

P.S. Dampeners and metal little ring in the head are new, I just replaced them.
Just my two pennies, if you crash and notice damage,,,,Do not continue flying the bird....A it could do something very wicked and end up hurting someone and B. Cause more damage+ more money for you.
Old 10-18-2007, 06:40 PM

Good point... I am ordering tonight more blades and the head block, hopefully I get everything next week, thanks for your answer