Community
Search
Notices
T-Rex heli For all you T-Rex lovers out there, this where you can post!

aileron mess up.

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2007, 08:50 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default aileron mess up.

i had my trex set up by a pro and it was flying great, but today when i tried to lift off there was no aileron control.
it just did not work, so i changed the epa on the radio it was set at o% for left and 41% right so i set it at 100% then there
was movement on the swash plate,but now if i give it right stick it leans to the left the aileron seems backwards
i tried reversing the servo on the radio but it just changed the aileron movement to elevator.
i am not very experianced at heli set up so any help would be great.
thank you
Old 10-26-2007, 09:00 AM

Default RE: aileron mess up.

You're not including enough information such as, what radio, what exact heli. is it a trex 450, 600? Is it CCPM, or eCCPM. And above all - what did you do to your TX? Sounds as if either you have the TX set to the wrong model, or somehow you screwed up your program.
Old 10-26-2007, 09:18 AM

its a 450 ccpm , sanwa radio, i didnt mess with the radio the aileron just didnt work today i check all conections and linkages and they were fine
so i started looking through the radio and changed the epa and that was it. i use this radio for my raptor and the trex and it is set on the right
model. when i hit right stick the swash drops to the left if i could get it to drop to the right it might be ok, i dont know how this happend.
Old 10-26-2007, 11:26 AM

The sad reality of this hobby is that you must learn to build and set up your own machine. Watch the Finless vids from rc universe and re-build the heli yourself. It will be a much more rewarding hobby.
Old 10-26-2007, 12:17 PM

yup - Not knowing the radio, I guess if it were mine, I would look at the radio programming to see if the swash selection is set up correctly. i know on my dx7 there's multiple types of swash plate selections - If that setting were to get changed somehow, I would think it may act a bit weird.
Old 10-26-2007, 06:02 PM

i would love to start from scratch and do it myself but the guy that set it up didnt realy like electric helis he had alot of problems seting it up
i was there when he set it and it was a mission so i have no hope of starting again, i just thought it might be something simple.
if anyone knows someone i could take it to to sort out the problem and mabe i could learn something as well please let me know.
i live in sydney australia.