Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > T-Rex heli
 Switch for leds on AR7000 Aux2 >

Switch for leds on AR7000 Aux2

Community
Search
Notices
T-Rex heli For all you T-Rex lovers out there, this where you can post!

Switch for leds on AR7000 Aux2

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2008, 04:47 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Switch for leds on AR7000 Aux2

Hi,

I want to connect some white leds to my heli and be able to switch it on/off in flight using the aux2 switch on my DX7.

I checked the leads form the aux2 channel on the AR7000 and I get constant 6V from red/black regardless of the switch positon and something like 0.2-0.4V from yellow and black leads depending of the switch position.

So how can I switch the 6v on and off from the switch? I looked at this (http://www.dimensionengineering.com/PicoSwitch.htm), do I NEED one of those to be able to do what I want?

Is it ok to power my leds from the receiver channel 6v?

Thanks
Old 06-30-2008, 06:50 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Switch for leds on AR7000 Aux2

As far as i know in order to have lights and be able to turn them on and off you need to things. First you'll need a remote controlled switch (tower sells them)( i think there made by RAM) that you can plug into a free channel. Second you will need a set of lights themselves that you have to wire into the on off switch. Depening on the voltage being put out you may also need a voltage stepdown. Hope this helps