Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > T-Rex heli
 smoothing the throttle stick >

smoothing the throttle stick

Community
Search
Notices
T-Rex heli For all you T-Rex lovers out there, this where you can post!

smoothing the throttle stick

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2008, 10:15 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default smoothing the throttle stick

I got my DX7 and I've been fighting with the throttle stick because spektrum puts a kind of grease on it to "smooth it out" but instead it creates this annoying sticky feel. If I loosen the throttle stick tension screw it becomes impossible to control the tail without changing the throttle position, and If its too tight then it gets sticky so you end up bouncing everywhere. Is there any way to smooth the throttle stick while being able to control the tail without moving the throttle. Should I change the grease, remove it, sand??? any suggestions?
Old 09-29-2008, 10:31 PM

Default RE: smoothing the throttle stick

Wipe off the grease and slide a piece of fuel tubing over the metal pressure thingamabob. Spray some silicone on a rag and wipe down the tubing and arched plastic piece.

Worked on my 6i, but it's still a little sticky, though not nearly as bad.
Old 09-30-2008, 04:55 PM

I tried what you said but i became worst (maybe because of the type of fuel tubing) so what I did is clean all af the grease and I took a very heavy sand paper and sanded the metal piece in a straight fashion and with a light sander I barely sanded the plastic teeth and now its silky smooth, and it wont move even when you slam the rudder stick but when you put throttle input it wont stick and its just smooth. I highly recommend this simple mod if you want you dx7 to feel like a much more expensive radio.
Old 09-30-2008, 07:06 PM

My DX7 [heli version] came without the metal "thingamabob" installed. It is perfect.

I know this beacause the metal "thingamabob" was included with the accessories (to be added later if required I guess).

Just remove it. Problem solved.

RWW
Old 09-30-2008, 11:07 PM

Mine is the heli version with the smooth throttle but the problem is that it had a sticky feeling to it, not ratcheted but sticky. removed the grease, sanded the metal tension thingy and now its as smooth as it can be!