Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > T-Rex heli
 ESC programing difficulty. Align BL35X >

ESC programing difficulty. Align BL35X

Community
Search
Notices
T-Rex heli For all you T-Rex lovers out there, this where you can post!

ESC programing difficulty. Align BL35X

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2008, 04:07 PM
My Feedback: (168)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ESC programing difficulty. Align BL35X

Could someone please lead me into a text that explains in understandable english just exactly how to program this Align BL35X ESC? I cannot make any sense out of the tiny instruction sheet that comes with the ESC. They have apparently economized on words, and far left too many details unclear, or totally misunderstood....which of course leads to an inability to make the device function.
It is difficult enough having to program it by listening to strange sounds...but when the instructions lack clear and concise details and decent explanations...well it's just chaos, stabs in the dark, and frustration.
Trex frustrated Jim.
Old 09-30-2008, 04:10 PM

Default RE: ESC programing difficulty. Align BL35X

Try this link...Finless has priceless information...will walk you through the ESC setup
[link=http://www.helifreak.com/showthread.php?t=11373]Finless 450 Videos[/link]
Old 09-30-2008, 05:03 PM

ORIGINAL: Edwinssiv

Try this link...Finless has priceless information...will walk you through the ESC setup
[link=http://www.helifreak.com/showthread.php?t=11373]Finless 450 Videos[/link]
You said it! that how I programmed mine.

If you have any more questions I could help you out. Oh by the way some things are different because Finless is working with the old ESC. the battery cutoff on the 35X should be set to high. and some minor stuff. my recommendation is that you see the video and THEN read the instructions and they'll make perfect sense.

Cheers!
Old 10-01-2008, 05:38 AM

Not hard at all.Sounds complicated but once you do it you will find it not that hard.
First off make sure that you have written down all of the settings how you want them and the corresponding stick position for that selection.
Start with the transmitter on and stick at full throttle (I remove the main blades just in case of accidental start up) Plug in your battery, you will hear 3 beeps, then 4 beeps then a wholes bunch of real fast beeping that means the ESC has sensed high throttle, move the stick all the way down to low throttle, you will again hear a whole bunch of beeps, the ESC has sensed low throttle and has gone into program mode.
It will then start a series of single beeps and will do this 5 times. The single beeps indicate mode 1 which is your break setting. Stick high is off, stick middle is soft break and stick low is hard break. I set mine to off. Move the stick to your desired setting WHILE the single beeps are still going and leave it there, you only have about 5 seconds or its too late (that is why I had you write down what you wanted before you started) You will hear a series of rapids beeps meaning mode one is set, it will then beep twice pause beep twice and so on indicating mode 2 which is electronic timing, same proceedure as mode 1, repeat until all 5 modes are set, use the chart in your manual to see what the settings are, after mode 5 is set unplug your battery, you are done. Plug the battery back in with the stick low and listen to the beeps, the esc will beep all of the settings and you can verify you have it right.
CAUTION: If you don't hear the beeps as described at the beginning and the rotor head starts to turn while moving the stick down it is likely your throttle channel is reversed.STOP and make sure the throttle is operating in the correct direction.
Old 10-01-2008, 08:07 AM

ORIGINAL: Missileman

Not hard at all.Sounds complicated but once you do it you will find it not that hard.
First off make sure that you have written down all of the settings how you want them and the corresponding stick position for that selection.
Start with the transmitter on and stick at full throttle (I remove the main blades just in case of accidental start up) Plug in your battery, you will hear 3 beeps, then 4 beeps then a wholes bunch of real fast beeping that means the ESC has sensed high throttle, move the stick all the way down to low throttle, you will again hear a whole bunch of beeps, the ESC has sensed low throttle and has gone into program mode.
It will then start a series of single beeps and will do this 5 times. The single beeps indicate mode 1 which is your break setting. Stick high is off, stick middle is soft break and stick low is hard break. I set mine to off. Move the stick to your desired setting WHILE the single beeps are still going and leave it there, you only have about 5 seconds or its too late (that is why I had you write down what you wanted before you started) You will hear a series of rapids beeps meaning mode one is set, it will then beep twice pause beep twice and so on indicating mode 2 which is electronic timing, same proceedure as mode 1, repeat until all 5 modes are set, use the chart in your manual to see what the settings are, after mode 5 is set unplug your battery, you are done. Plug the battery back in with the stick low and listen to the beeps, the esc will beep all of the settings and you can verify you have it right.
CAUTION: If you don't hear the beeps as described at the beginning and the rotor head starts to turn while moving the stick down it is likely your throttle channel is reversed.STOP and make sure the throttle is operating in the correct direction.
Also the big mistake is that some folks will not have the motor plugged into the ESC. The beeps come from the motor and not the ESC.

JimD
Old 10-01-2008, 08:30 AM
My Feedback: (168)

Hey guys....the programing problem is now resolved. Thank you very much for the leads, and the explanations. I may not have the individual setting correct, but at least it is running. I will reprogram it now that I understand how, and I will go for the fast start...it is too slow spooling up as it is right now. Battery protection info in the manual kinda escapes me. I just disabled the brake, and set everything else for "mid", and hoping for the best.
Old 10-02-2008, 01:57 AM

The slow spooling up might be a cell in your lipo that is dropping too fast and causing your slow spool up.
I have a meter showing the voltage of every cell mounted on the heli.
Old 10-02-2008, 04:53 AM

The slow spooling up is probably the soft start being programmed as active. I like the soft start myself. Gives you a moment to recover if you hit the throttle accidentally when you don't have the throttle hold on

*Edit*- The battery protection is when your battery starts getting low in voltage your ESC will do something about it...1. shut down 2. slow down or 3. pulse the motor. I use the pulse my self. You can set for how much voltage is left when the ESC starts it warning or shut down sequence
Old 10-02-2008, 09:25 AM

Mine spools slowly and I like it that way. Less wear on the motor and gears and gives the blades a better chance to start tracking.
Old 10-04-2008, 10:42 PM

ORIGINAL: Missileman

Mine spools slowly and I like it that way. Less wear on the motor and gears and gives the blades a better chance to start tracking.
i agree, just makes things smoother