Community
Search
Notices
Tachometer Readings Post your tachometer readings for your motor in here or ask others what they are getting out of their motor/prop combos!

.09 and .10 Shootout.

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2012, 08:15 AM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Default .09 and .10 Shootout.

I checked a bunch of motors over the winter, mostly .15's but thought I would group the .09's together to save typing. I told the wife about all the readings but she didn't seem to care, so thought I' post them here. All the motors had a MA 7-4" prop, 10% nitro, no muffler to make things even. YOUCANADDTOIT if you want, just try to keep the same prop brand and size, and fuel with no muffler. It was fairly cold when I did most of these. OK here goes. Cox Tee Dee .09 16,400 rpm control line carb; AP .09, 16,900 rpm; Thunder Tiger GP .10 (had the muffler on because it was in the plane still) 13,500 rpm; OS.10 FP, 17,200 rpm; OS .10 LA 17,500rpm (smaller head shim than stock)
Old 09-26-2013, 11:07 AM

OK, I made a Turbo plug head for the AP .09. It had been going about 16,900 rpm (it was 16,700 today) with no muffler or head shim. I tried the new head and it got 18,200 rpm. Pretty good I thought. Still doesn't throttle well, kind of is more of a shutoff, but sure beats the Benchmark TD .09.
Old 09-27-2013, 12:33 PM

Today I made a Turbo head for the OS LA .10, and the table was making wierd vibes, maybe the prop needed balancing, it is a crappy table. From what I could see it was touching 18,600rpm for a second but was all over the place because of air in the fuel line. 18,000 was kind of the normal with the head. I don't think I will use it in a plane other than just to try, the stock one is ok. Idles nice and accelerates quickly on both heads, hard to start on either one. No muffler, 10%, 7-4" thinblade MA prop like before.