Search
Notices

Sticker for Blades

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2004, 02:06 PM
JTE

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sticker for Blades

Will someone tell me what the stickers are used for that come with rotor blades????

Balancing, Tracking, Look cool ??
Thanks
Old 04-23-2004, 02:51 PM

Default RE: Sticker for Blades

I am not into helis YET (!!!! Soon to be) but I do know that they are there for tracking......you put on strip on one blade and let someone more experienced than you if you are starting heli flying, and either the pilot, you, or you and the pilot look at that strip and see of the blade w/o the strip and the one with it are on the same track........................

BTW, you can also put some on your other blade after everything is set right and make it look "cool"

Hope this helps....There is a video somewhere on here......maybe in the video archive on how to......ok [link=http://www.radiocontrolzone.com/plane/video.asp]HERE IS IS[/link] go down a little ways...and the title is "How to Track Main Rotor Blades".....you can see in this video that they use a stirp on ONE blade to track them........Good Luck.......
Old 04-23-2004, 06:47 PM

The are also used for balancing individual blades as well. Depending on where the CG of the blade is, they might be either on the blade tip or closer to the blade grips. I havent gone this far myself but a couple of the guys I fly with do.
Old 04-27-2004, 11:29 AM
JTE

Thanks for the info
Old 04-29-2004, 04:40 PM
My Feedback: (3)

First you have to balance each blade for the CG. Then you have to balance both blades span wise together. It would be a good idea
to get a blade balancer. When you match the CG, the marks shouldn't be more than 3/32 apart. If they are you have to put weight
on the far end of the lighter blade to match them up, then check the spanwise balance. Hope this helps