Community
Search
Notices

just will not start

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2004, 09:21 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default just will not start

flew my raptor 30 v2 yesterday all was well came to it today and it wouldnt start so i checked the plug,which didnt work hmm,changed the plug for a os8 and it just will not start at all tried everything i can think of ,make it rich ,make it lean nothing works been trying for 3 hours solid and getting rather miffed now,glow starter is fine and charged.

can anyone help??
Old 04-26-2004, 03:01 PM
My Feedback: (11)

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Default RE: just will not start

Is your glow plug lighting now? Might have blown another.
Old 04-26-2004, 03:07 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Are you using a remote glow lead? Is that OK?
Old 04-26-2004, 03:07 PM

Dan, with some of your other questions, is there anyone around that knows helis that can help you? It would make a lot of sense to get help and save you some crashes at the same time.
Old 04-28-2004, 03:56 PM

glow plug fine, not been using a remote lead,dont know whats wrong with it fine one day not the next??
is a os 8 the right plug to use because it doesnt look like the one that was in originally.
the shop i bought it from helps me alot but its 25 miles away and i think he gets sick of me ringing all the time lol.
ive run glow engined cars and never had this happen. could i have broken something on my last flight? do glow plugs just die or is there a clue in the fact that it went bye bye?
Old 04-28-2004, 05:12 PM
My Feedback: (1)

O a couple engines i found i had to hold a finger over the exhaust to presurize the tank while i crank it over (proimes the engine) just a second or so did the job.
Old 04-28-2004, 05:23 PM

HI DAN!
IS THE OS MOTOR NEW? IF NOT HOW MANY FLIGHTS DO YOU BELIEVE IT TO HAVE? DOES IT FEEL LIKE IT HAS GOOD COMPRESSION WHEN YOU CRANK IT BY HAND? YOU SAY THE GLOW IS OK, DID YOU TAKE IT OUT AND TRY IT WITH THE IGNITER OR DOES YOUR IGNITER HAVE A METER THAT TELL YOU ITS OK? ONCE YOU'VE CONFIRMED ALL THESE THINGS THE NEXT THING IS DO YOU HAVE A FUEL FILTER ON THE FUEL LINE, IF SO IS IT CLEAR? WHEN YOU CRANK THE ENGINE DO YOU SEE THE FUEL GOING INTO THE CARBERATOR? IF NOT CHECK FUEL LINES MAKE SURE THAT IT ISN'T BROKEN OR PINCHED ANY WHERE INCLUDING PRESURE LINE FROM MUFFLER TAKE A PIN AND MAKE SURE THAT THE PRESURE NIPPLE FROM THE MUFFLER IS CLEAR NOT CLOGGED, IF YOU LEAVE FUEL IT YOUR TANK CHECK THE CLUNK BE SURE THATS NOT CLOGGED, NEXT THING TO DO IS TO MAKE SURE THAT THE CARBERATOR IS CLEAR, YOU CAN EITHER CLOSE THE HIGH NEEDLE COMPLETELY AND THEN OPEN IT TO THE FACTORY SETTING, OR TAKE A CLEAN PEICE OF FUEL LINE AND BLOW THROUGH IT TO MAKE SURE THAT ITS ALSO CLEAR. IF NONE OF THESE WORK AND YOUR ENGINE STILL WON'T START TRY ANOTHER TYPE OF FUEL IT IS NOT UNCOMMON THAT GLOW FUEL GOES BAD, IT HAPPENS. YOU SHOULD REALLY TRY TO FIND SOMEONE YOU CAN GET HELP FROM WHERE EVER YOU FLY ITS ALWAYS GOOD TO GET OTHER ADVICE AND SOME ONE TO SPOT YOU WHEN YOUR FLYING. GOOD LUCK NOT MUCH ELSE CAN BE SAID AT THIS POINT.

GOOD LUCK!!

SAUL.
Old 04-28-2004, 06:05 PM

P.S. MAKE SURE THAT YOUR IGNITER IS WORKING PROPERLY!
Old 04-29-2004, 11:49 AM

yeah i tried blowing through the carb to see if it was blocked but its all clear, when i turn the engine over i can see the fuel going in to the carb so the fuel lines cant be blocked.hmmm strange one this. the motor is a thunder tiger 39 size and has had just over a gallon threw it and ran perfect. commpression seems fine although i dont know what it should be to be honest. i check the glow start by taking the glow plug out of the engine and making it light up nice and bright.

gonna try to take it to the shop this weekend see if he can get it started.

thanks for the help.
Old 04-29-2004, 04:39 PM

SORRY THAT NONE OF THE ABOVE WORKED FOR YOU, WHAT FUEL ARE YOU USING? TRY ANOTHER FUEL, HERE'S SOMETHING THAT I RECALL HAPPENING TO ONE OF THE GUYS A WHILE BACK, HE KEPT TRYING TO START HIS ENGINE TT 36 AND IT WOULDN'T START BUT IT SEEMED LIKE IT WANTED TO, WELL WE SPENT SOME TIME TRYING THAT DAY ONLY TO FIND OUT THAT THE STARTER WAS WORKING IN REVERSE, HOW DID IT HAPPEN I DON'T KNOW BUT SURE ENOUGH THATS WHAT IT WAS IN HIS CASE.

GOOD LUCK!

SAUL.
Old 04-30-2004, 10:27 AM

yeah im gonna try some new fuel,im using contest 10 at the mo just on my 2nd gallon,i hope thatswhat it is.
Old 04-30-2004, 11:30 AM

Hi Dan,

Just a thought, you haven't accidentally, or otherwise, changed the model setting on your Tx have you?

Cheers,

Nick
Old 05-01-2004, 04:38 AM

no its on model 1 as always in heli mode.
Old 05-01-2004, 11:57 AM

took it back to the shop,he took the engine apart!!!!!!!!!doh!
he thinks that a jet got blocked and was making the engine run lean and over heated it,because he says it doesnt have much compression. i left it with him will probably get it back in a fortnight or so[] suppose ill have to get my cars out again[]
Old 05-01-2004, 04:08 PM

That sounds a bit funny to me. Did it just fail to start one day, or did it start playing up before. If it was running lean I would expect you to get a short run before overheating and cutting out.

If the jet was so blocked that it would not run then you can't have overheated it. I would have thought that an overheated engine would cause the engine to seize, or be difficult to turn. I don't have a lot of experience but I wouldn't have guessed that overheating would cause poor compression.

I hope the shop knows more than me and can sort your engine for you!
Old 05-01-2004, 04:17 PM

yeah was fine one day wouldnt start the next?????

what i know about nitro engines you could write on a stamp so im gonna stay well away and let the fella at the shop fix it for me.

for all i know it could have been running really badly since i first ran it and caused some damage.

strange thing is when i was trying to start it fuel would get pushed through to the carb,but today it wouldnt and i could turn the engine over by hand on the starter shaft.
Old 05-12-2004, 01:46 PM
JTE

Had a piston ring section flake off once and no way would it start Maybe this ???? Good luck
Old 05-17-2004, 09:27 AM

the guy at the shop took the engine apart and the piston ring is stuck to the piston[X(] that cant be a good thing can it,just waiting for a new ring to see if thats the problem.
should be flying again soon getting bored of the sim,theres no fear of crashing.
Old 05-23-2004, 04:19 PM

well i cant seem to get hold of the parts i need to get me flying again so i bought a new engine muhahahaha.

i got an Enya 35x heli, seems to have plenty of power for me right now.
just being able to hold it in a steady hover a metre off the ground in a slight wind gets my heart pumping

does any body know how to make any of the helis on realflight fly like a raptor 30 v2?is it possible?

i love this hobby.[8D]
Old 05-24-2004, 03:01 PM
My Feedback: (2)

Hey Dan I have real flight and on add ons volume three it has the Raptor 30 and 60 on it. The add on costs about 30 dollars.
Old 05-24-2004, 04:13 PM

aha cheers i'll see if i can get that.
Old 05-24-2004, 04:26 PM

Don't make the same mistake I did. I was flying the 60 on the sim cause I liked it better, and my old 30 before I got the 60. The 60 loops tighter than the 30. Ended badly. Tried the 30 on the sim in the same situation, and it wouldn't do it either. Couldn't believe it knew the diff.

Great tool though. Highly reccomend it.
Old 05-30-2004, 06:46 PM

well all is well with the new engine runs sweet as a nut.ive been trying to keep it at about 100-120 degrees centigrade is this right?
any way, practise makes perfect and i can now fly it side on both ways muhahahaha and have been getting in some forward flight. it really does look totally different when its side on.