Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Tips & Techniques
 Rubber Bands Rock! >

Rubber Bands Rock!

Community
Search
Notices
Tips & Techniques Want to share a tip or special technique you have either in the workshop or at the flying field or race track? Post it right here!

Rubber Bands Rock!

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2006, 07:02 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rubber Bands Rock!

I love rubber bands. They are so versatile and are excellent tools. Unfortunately I almost never have the right size. The type available from Walmart and other local stores are usually extremely low quality. They stretch permantly which is a sign of low rubber content.

Anyway, I did an extensive search last summer for a place that sells sample packs. I found this company that sells packs of a one ounce of a dozen different sizes. Each size is individually boxed so that you know what size you're actually using. This is very helpful when you find you use a lot of a certain size and want to get more. At the time they had four different sample packs. I ordered all of them which gave me 48 different sizes. The total cost was about $25.00. It was money very well spent.

http://www.dykemarubberband.com/samples.php
Old 05-03-2006, 08:52 PM
RCU Forum Manager/Admin
My Feedback: (9)

Received 27 Likes on 24 Posts
Default RE: Rubber Bands Rock!

Paul,
If you want a source of free rubber bands go down to your local bank. Go to the admin section of the bank and find out who takes care of their daily reports. I get HUGE bags of rubber bands from my bank (they are also a client of mine too) for nothing. All differents sizes of bands too.

Ken
Old 05-04-2006, 07:13 AM
My Feedback: (19)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Rubber Bands Rock!

Any large business or government office has somebody that handles incoming mail. That person either saves or trashes lots of rubberbands. I still have a pastic shopping bag full that I got just for asking.