Community
Search
Notices
Traxxas Monster Truck forum Discuss the Traxxas T-Maxx, E-Maxx, Super-Maxx and all other Traxxas monster trucks in this forum. You may also optionally discuss them in our MT general discussion forum.

Stampede Gen 1 update issues

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2020, 01:33 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Stampede Gen 1 update issues

I have a mint Gen 1 stampede. Had the old mechanical ESC and all. I bought a hobby wing SC8 and 3800kb brushless setup with 2s Lipo 15/52 gearing and Im having a few issues.

First the truck is way over powered. I will be putting a wheelie bar on it, which will help control, but add more weight behind the rear axle. It just wheelies way way way to easy, its pretty much useless, and you have to use so little throttle input just driving it around and basically drive it slow because it will instantly back flip. I have the initial punch setting on the lowest and its better but not much fun to drive. It was much more controllable and fun with a tazer 15t and brushed motor. Would gearing it up help with this?

The other issue im having is with range. The older traxxas TQ system that im using is apparently getting interference from this new ESC setup, is there anything i can do to help this? I probably just need to upgrade the transmitter and radio. But currently if i have the antenna under the body aka not sticking out, i cant get more than 30' away and it looses control, this was never an issue with the old setup.