Community
Search
Notices
Traxxas Monster Truck forum Discuss the Traxxas T-Maxx, E-Maxx, Super-Maxx and all other Traxxas monster trucks in this forum. You may also optionally discuss them in our MT general discussion forum.

Help!! T-maxx problem!

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2004, 02:03 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help!! T-maxx problem!

I just recently bought a new T-maxx Trx 2.5. But anyway I have it all broken in(the engine) and for some reason its getting really hot? I have tried ajusting the needles but still no difference. I mean its getting up to 280 just when I make a few passes at full throttle. I have the body on, but even when I take it off it still reaches those same temps. can someone help me?
Old 07-01-2004, 02:54 PM
My Feedback: (4)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Help!! T-maxx problem!

Overheating isn't the worst thing that can happen... 280 isn't too bad either- it's lean, but
at least you aren't over 300. For a basic layman term, If you are running too hot at idle, your
LSN is too lean and/or your idle is too fast. If you are running to hot at high speed passes, your
HSN is too lean.

What is the outside temperature when you are running?

I would back the HSN out 1/4-1/2 turn and then if nothing is wrong with the motor, you
should be at acceptable lower temps. If that doesn't work-

Next, make sure the truck rolls forward with ease when in idle or when the throttle is wide
open (engine off of course). This will ensure you don't have any drag on the drivetrain. If
you put the servo to idle or any acceleration, the car should roll easily. If the brakes
are adjusted wrong, they can put much higher drag on the drivetrain and cause the motor
to overheat.

Next, Tighten your spur gear ALL of the way until it's nice and snug, and back it out 1/4 turn only.
If the spur is slipping to much, the engine can overrev.

Finally, is the transmission shifting into second gear? I have seen my truck get very hot when
I am running WOT and it doesn't shift to second gear- This is basically bringing the motor at or above
it's RPM limit and can cause overheating.

good luck