Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Monster Trucks > Traxxas Monster Truck forum
 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!I NEED MAJOR HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! >

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!I NEED MAJOR HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Community
Search
Notices
Traxxas Monster Truck forum Discuss the Traxxas T-Maxx, E-Maxx, Super-Maxx and all other Traxxas monster trucks in this forum. You may also optionally discuss them in our MT general discussion forum.
View Poll Results: A poll
High Torque Servo
35.29%
Aluminum A-Arms
5.88%
RPM A-Arms
29.41%
Aluminum Tuned Pipe
11.76%
Colling Head
5.88%
Different Shocks
0%
Forward Only Conversion
5.88%
Carbon Fiber Chassis
0%
Thicker Chassis
5.88%
New Radio Package
0%
Voters: 17. You may not vote on this poll

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!I NEED MAJOR HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2004, 12:55 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!I NEED MAJOR HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i bought a new 2.5 tmaxx and i don't know what to get for it first. help me.[&:]
Old 07-07-2004, 12:56 PM

Default RE: !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!I NEED MAJOR HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sorry I mean cooling head and not colling head
Old 07-07-2004, 01:06 PM

You will want some aluminum bulkheads front first they usualy go first, and te back in time as well (will need new hinge pins, get stainless ones), get some RPM arms all around, if they break they will give you new ones so you can't go wrong at about $10 a pair. Aluminum skidplates or RPM skidplates, you might end up needing a steel super gear as well. if so get the Robinson racing steel super gear. You might want to get a aluminum gas tank protector, cause i broke a tank before and never have since i got my protector. That should give u a good chep upgrade to stop the usual things breaking.
Old 07-07-2004, 01:19 PM

alum bulkheads first then servo +failsafe
Old 07-07-2004, 03:36 PM

oh ya i over looked the fail safe i just think of it always been there forgot i originaly had to buy it lol. Potential leg breaker with out a fail safe lol
Old 07-07-2004, 04:28 PM

Why not fuel and stick time?
Old 07-07-2004, 07:59 PM

I would recommend a .26 Picco engine swap. Leave everything else stock because big engines are cool, wasting time on other parts makes you look like a geek.

Yes of COURSE I'm kidding. You need patience and practice with your truck, not more parts for it. Follow the break in guide to the letter, read you engine manual to learn about engine tuning, the signs of overheating and always make sure you see a trail of blue smoke from your exhaust.

Then it's just a matter of paying attention and not doing stupid stuff. It may be fun to chase that car down the neighborhood, or the kid on the bike but it wont be fun when you get out of range and it gets run over. Or when you hit the lightpole or take the 4ft BMX jump at WOT. In time you'll learn to recognize what your truck can handle and what you should ignore, parts will break from messing around in the backyard and then you'll want to buy upgrade parts for it. If you bend your shock shafts, you know next time to order larger shock or rods. If you strip out gears in the transmission go ahead and replace it all with aluminum to prevent it from happening next time.

Of course if you'd rather not have it ever brake and have $1000's to spend upgrade everything and keep the plastic parts as spares. But since most people I've met don't have this luxury it's often a better decision to get parts like a failsafe and bulkheads or what you know will break now, then later as you get more experience and become less cautious and take larger jumps, you'll need to replace things with aluminum and high strength plastics.

The truck in its stock form is really a great truck and will take most of what you can dish it as long as you don't get stupid. You'll spend a lot less money on it this way and be a lot more happy with yourself for not taking that bike jump or following behind the path of the neighbors tricked out Savage when you should be breaking it in.

Have fun.
Old 07-07-2004, 08:57 PM

What High-Torque Steering servo should I get
Where is a good place to get these parts?
Old 07-07-2004, 09:12 PM

I'm not sure about any makes never tryed any out, there was a thread on that some where, do a search for it i'm sure you will find it, use the search at the bottom or u get load of crap off the top one lol
Old 07-07-2004, 09:31 PM

Get rid of that pile of junk 2.5 they call a motor. It is crap, just warning you. Get anything, but I would get rid of it. That's just from my experience with a couple of tmaxxs.
Old 07-07-2004, 09:48 PM

The 2.5 when running good is a nice engine for a .15, i did have trouble with mine to start to but usualy its some thing simple. I do run a Mach .26 now but its cost me about nearly $400 to convert to that mach .26 tranny gears along have cost me over $100 now. I think you should stick with your 2.5 engine for now unless you want to end up spending alots of money lol, i would have stuck with my 2.5 engine allot longer if it wasn't for me having a new mach .26 i had bough for a different car but never could fit it in laying around lol.
Old 07-08-2004, 02:19 PM

ya, i too would say to stay with the stock 2.5. but don't mess with the tuning needles too much, u will only mess things up. and remember if it isn't running right after u tune it take it back to stock and try again. as for those people that say its a crappy engine they are the people who also rushed it and did not do a proper break-in and never had it tuned right. if u are new to rc trucks i would not up grade a thing until u know u are going to spend more time with it and want to start hitting the big stuff. i have nearso unless you upgrade everything don't upgrade anything. l have nearly 4 gallons through my 2.5 and ALL stock replacements on my truck. And when u do want to put in aluminum ar high strength plastic remember this, if that part doesn't break the one that is hard to replace and is more expensive will i guarintee it.
Old 07-09-2004, 11:19 AM

well RPM A-ARMS they have a lifetime garenteeeeee and the traxxas tuned pipe really don't deck out your car until u broke the parts u will find yourself buying things left and right! i know that for a fact I DID IT! so really lisen DON'T WAST YOUR MONEY JUST YET!

Colin
Old 07-09-2004, 05:30 PM

i dont kno why everyone thinks that the traxxas a-arms are weak i have had my maxx for over 3 years now and never had to replace them and trust me i put them through a lot of abuse i have totaly smashed the front end and they came through without a scratch
Old 07-09-2004, 05:34 PM

Ya i smashed in to a log head on a 20MPH and never messed up an arm, but i got all RPM ones now cause they are cool and if i ever do snap one they will replace it free.