Community
Search
Notices
Traxxas Monster Truck forum Discuss the Traxxas T-Maxx, E-Maxx, Super-Maxx and all other Traxxas monster trucks in this forum. You may also optionally discuss them in our MT general discussion forum.

brakes shuts off engine

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2004, 12:58 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default brakes shuts off engine

If i barely give my maxx brakes it dies. On traxxas forums some one posted about it saying the carb is dirty but mine i just installed a carb a month ago.
Old 07-11-2004, 01:33 PM

Default RE: brakes shuts off engine

Im just tagging along here, because my T-maxx that barely has a gallon run through it does the same thing. It will idle (sometimes high, sometimes low), but after running it and applying the brakes, it will die on me (usually 100 yards away from me too [:@] )
Old 07-11-2004, 02:36 PM

u need to adjust your idle screw in..... when u brake the slider on the carb shouldn't move
Old 07-11-2004, 02:45 PM

i'd say you need to adjust your low end, if it can't idle thats usualy ther problem as that controlls the idle mixture. That is if like johnfly said the idle screw is adjusted corectly. If thats not it then it might be time for a new glow plug as your engine will have trouble ideling when the glow plug is no good.
Old 07-11-2004, 05:41 PM
My Feedback: (1)

Sounds to mel ike you are just completely closing the carb when you hit the brakes, raise the idle a bit and it will be fine.
Old 07-11-2004, 05:52 PM

Yup try adjusting the idle screw, when u have the brakes on that way you can't go wrong. If that doesn’t work or its revving to high just to be idling then try what I said before. Another thing it might be is the fuel isn't getting to the carb, I had a problem with my .15 buggie stalling after going fast then breaking, and it wasn't getting fuel to the carb, so check their is fuel going to the carb as well. IF there isn't you might have an air leak in the tank or a part of the pressure line off the exhaust.