Community
Search
Notices
Traxxas Monster Truck forum Discuss the Traxxas T-Maxx, E-Maxx, Super-Maxx and all other Traxxas monster trucks in this forum. You may also optionally discuss them in our MT general discussion forum.

T-Maxx 2.5 with Blower

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2004, 06:17 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: T-Maxx 2.5 with Blower

there bs claims unless they have a secret tuned pipe that they dont want to sell and make big $$$$. which is vary stuped from a buisness point of view. so it would be safe to say that it is BS. that might explane why they dont call people back. or they could be out of buisness and have not taken down the web site.
Old 07-31-2004, 02:31 PM

actually they are in business and doing well.as far as turbo or super charger goes heck i could not tell you how they work but i will tell you i purchased a rb innovations super charger and it works quite well not much differance on top end but very noticeable on low end to mid range power. isay if you got the cash to buy it then do it you won't besorry.like you i was very skeptical until i sat down with them and saw it work.i then bought mine immediately and now there are 3 of us who have them in our club and we are all quiet happy
but thats my opion and i am not here to argue or be called names so do as you wish
Old 07-31-2004, 09:39 PM

thankyou ratfog2005 we neaded someone mature who HAS used them to tell us that it worked. i will take your word for it. what pipe do you use? but i dont have $180 to throw arround.
Old 08-01-2004, 10:03 AM

i use a macs pipe it looks like a tent post peened over on 1 end an a outlet coming off it but it really brought my truck to life it was 43.00 they are in california
Old 08-01-2004, 01:46 PM

For info..
There is an article in the August 2004 edition of the UK Radio Racecar International magazine about someone who has a T-Maxx with one of these Superchargers fitted.
He created a 'replica' of the original Bigfoot.

Will try and get hold of a copy of the article that I can post...

Andrew
UK
Old 08-01-2004, 02:07 PM

This thread is way too long winded for a subject I care little about but I have to make a few points then ask a question.

The supercharger cost $180 & has yet to be proven effective but I did notice in a post of two that bottom end could be improved. The belts on those things (I've seen them IRL) look pathetic to say the least so I don't see how they'd be able to drive much of anything let alone add pressure to the block. Some hp has to be robbed in order to run the charger.

Instead of spending $180 on a supercharger that might or might not do anything (other than look cool).... Why not install a second engine? I know there are drawbacks to it & in the longrun it would be more expensive but you're guarenteed more torque on the bottom end, a MUCH higher cool factor, & by the time you can get two engines to run equally on one R/C, you'll all but be a master tuner & deserve some kind of gold painted Craftsman screwdriver or something.

Good luck to whover does whatever!
Old 08-01-2004, 08:15 PM

From what I know, at least with cars, superchargers take power to make power. Turbos have lag depending on the size. Turbo Rotarys rule, thats one thing i do know
Old 08-06-2004, 04:07 PM

Save your cash , your better off cutting the wind shield out and introducing air that way. Try funnel ram you'll get better results. RED
Old 08-06-2004, 04:52 PM

I think I will scrap the Blower idea and get a Schumacher Menace 21.
Old 08-07-2004, 11:54 AM

Money well spent,,,, RED