Community
Search
Notices
Traxxas Monster Truck forum Discuss the Traxxas T-Maxx, E-Maxx, Super-Maxx and all other Traxxas monster trucks in this forum. You may also optionally discuss them in our MT general discussion forum.

T-Maxx 2.5 with Blower

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2004, 12:06 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default T-Maxx 2.5 with Blower

Has anyone put a RB Innovations Blower on a T-Maxx 2.5? How did it work? What pipe did you use? Did you change the gearing? I have a T-maxx 2.5 that I'm playing with, changer trans to forward only, went to 2 wheel drive with Posi lock. It screams, now I'm thinking about a blower.

-----------------------------------------
T-maxx2.5
Nitro rustler
XTM X-Terminator
Losi XXX-NT Sport
Losi LST
Old 07-22-2004, 12:08 AM

Default RE: T-Maxx 2.5 with Blower

a bloweR?
Old 07-22-2004, 12:25 AM

its some weird "super charger" that has belts or something like that and has a fan spin and blow air into ur enine. some say it works magic and some say its a rip off and useless. i would guess that it isnt that great unless it can blow up to 25 MPH becuse thats like it with a hole in ur windshield.

if this is the thing im thinking of thats my opinion. i think im thinking of a different product link please?
Old 07-22-2004, 12:50 AM

Hope this works.
www.rbinnovations.com
Old 07-22-2004, 01:35 AM

you dont measure a blower by wind MPH it is measured by PSI and a blower WILL overheat your 2.5 unless you put lower compresion pistion in it and i have never seen a low compression piston for a 2.5. the way it works is it forces more air into the engine but it leans out the mix unless you have a four barrel carb or EFI (electronic fuel injection). neither of which are made for a 2.5. but a blower will only work on a four stroke engine the tuned pipe is like a turbo on a two stroke. there are two links below.

here is a link where they say supercharger that is a blower.
[link=http://auto.howstuffworks.com/question122.htm]blower link[/link]

[link=http://auto.howstuffworks.com/question636.htm]expansion chamber link[/link]
Old 07-22-2004, 10:44 AM

seems to me taht the blower is to get more air to the enginge but then ti mounts the air filter behind your truck ??doesnt makes\ sence to me but what do i know .. seems like soemthign a company made up that probally doest even do enything make a good add and people buy it..
Old 07-22-2004, 11:13 AM

Well the idea is you get more air AND more fuel in the cyclinder then theres more stuff to burn and make more power.

you can decrease your compression by adding head shims, which is a common practice if you run 30% nitro... and by running a short glow plug.

does it work for 2 stroke "diesel"???

why bother with that when you can just drop a larger engine in for the more power. MUCH less complicated.
Old 07-22-2004, 11:21 AM

im not measuring it by wind speed. i mean why not just cut a hole in ur body and ul have a big breeze.
Old 07-22-2004, 11:41 AM

Maybe I used the wrong term, they call it a Super Charger. I listed the link to them above. I am trying to find out if anyone has used one. I know that you can put in a BIG engine in them like a Mach 26, but that is pretty common and not as easy as you think. Check out the photos.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Wu61719.jpg
Views:	28
Size:	66.9 KB
ID:	156170   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ez82219.jpg
Views:	28
Size:	49.1 KB
ID:	156171  
Old 07-22-2004, 03:14 PM

if you look expasion chamber link you will see why it is useless on a trx 2.5 but a diesel can use one because it dosnt have an expansion chamber. as for the air intake being in the back that was probibly the only place they could put it. but look at the pic the head isnt getting any air to cool it off. that truck will never be able to bash.
Old 07-22-2004, 08:50 PM
My Feedback: (32)

a guy i know put that super charger on his savage and it did NOTHING for the performance of the savage and i dont think it will do anything for the 2.5. don't waste your money.
Old 07-22-2004, 09:56 PM

I think it will slow down your low-end even more because it uses the flywheel to spin the "blower"
Old 07-23-2004, 01:03 AM

LOOK AT THE LINKS... none of you know what you are talking about except SCHISM any Forced Air Induction WILL NOT work on a twostroke because it does not have valves that hold the preasure in only 4 cycle (stroke) can use a FAI because they are the only engines with valves that close to hold preasure in. and bamaracer it wont lower low-end it will only take longer to raise the rpm. before you post look at the links and make shure you know what your talking about. by the way the blower is $180 there are better ways to wast your money.
Old 07-23-2004, 12:08 PM

[] Well, you convinced me, NO BLOWER, you all brought up some good points. I emailed RB for a number to call them at and they never replied, Not good. Thanks for the help.
Old 07-25-2004, 10:10 PM
My Feedback: (12)

LOOK AT THE LINKS... none of you know what you are talking about except SCHISM any Forced Air Induction WILL NOT work on a twostroke because it does not have valves that hold the preasure in only 4 cycle (stroke) can use a FAI because they are the only engines with valves that close to hold preasure in. and bamaracer it wont lower low-end it will only take longer to raise the rpm. before you post look at the links and make shure you know what your talking about. by the way the blower is $180 there are better ways to wast your money.
I beg to differ...force induction on a two stroke is more then possible....it may not have valves....but it does have a crank case to hold pressure...if the intake wasnt able to seal off during fireing how would your engine ever run?

Joey
Old 07-25-2004, 11:43 PM

forced air induction is different than crank case presure. a blower ot turbo will do absolutly nothing to proformance.
Old 07-26-2004, 01:28 AM

so your saying forced induction of any kind wont work on any 2 stroke engine?
Old 07-26-2004, 06:35 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

well i have argued this bedore...it is possible that it can work...but it would take alot of engineering to make a tuned pipe that would work correctly with a blower.......a turbo works awesome on 2 strokes though, as snowmobiles have no valves either and some of them are simple piston port design like our rc engines and there are numerous turbo kits on the market for snowmobiles that function and work awesome, they make massive power gains........ a supercharger theorectically can work on a 2 stroke provided you can make the tuned pipe scavenge all the excess blowthru back into the cylender, but the laws of tuned pipes change when you add the blower so as of yet the bolt on blower may or may not do anything at all....but remember that a tuned pipe returns unburnt blowby back into the cylender and pressurizes the cyleder like a supercharger....alll the blower is doing is increasing the density,volume, and speed of the intake charge.....there will be alot of blowby that will go into the pipe, if the pipe is on tune everything will work....but where do you buy a pipe like this????? you cant cuz nobody has designed one to work with the supercharger
Old 07-26-2004, 01:38 PM

nicely put supertib
Old 07-26-2004, 01:53 PM

alright...that i can agree with...i just had a problem with no forced induction of any sort working.As i recall the tuned pipe is set up so that a pressure wave helps seal unburnt fuel into the cylinder to help with performance.idealy this would mean a tuned pipe of any sort will work with a blower just as well as a turbo...after all both provide a great increase in air flow and air density.A turbo is popular on a 2 stroke because it has such high exhaust flow,and because its free hp.Adding a blower to a snowmobile or the like would use shaft hp,so the increase would not be as great,also adding to the rotating weight of the engine...the benifit being superchargers produce the same boost at the same rpm every time....so no boost lag.I have no doubt the blower from rb will boost performance....but i dont know that it will be an easily noticed performance gain considering the lack of pipes designed for the application,the hp being used to turn the blower,and as someone else pointed out...you need to lower compression on engines such as the trx and other high performance engines to tolerate the rise in air/fuel mix.if you have that much extra cash laying around and can't figure out what to do with it...buy a blower....Otherwise I'm sure theres alot else out there that you can spend the cash on.
Old 07-26-2004, 05:14 PM

i totaly agree... i wish i could word my post as well as you have done.
Old 07-26-2004, 07:06 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

well lets get deeper on the subject....a turbo on a 2 stroke doesn't really rely on a tuned pipe at all, as the key to a turbo is to get the exhaust out fast, keep it hot as you can and spool up the turbo as fast as you can...the hotter the exhuast charge the quicker the turbo will spool, having a tuned pipe would serve little purpose if any at all....a supersharger would be very dependant on a tuned pipe, as the blower would push alot more air into the carb then the same motor without a blower, thus it will blow alot more fuel in as well, being likely alot of the fresh air fuel charge would be pushed into the exhaust header and pipe, leaving not much more air/fuel in the combustion chamber then it would have without a blower...........now a tuned pipe normally serves the function of creating a vacume after every pressure wave which draws the fresh air fuel into the header to ensure the combustion chamber is fully scavenged, but the tuned pipe also will push the unburnt air/fuel charge back into the combustion chamber when the sound wave from the previos cumbustion stroke hits the front of the tuned pipe, this reflects the sound/pressure wave back towards the engine, thus is how a tuned pipe supercharges a cylender.......but a supercharger bolted on a tuned motor will cause alot of havok....now if we are still using the original tuned the extra pressure from the supercharger will make it hard for the tuned pipe expansion chamber to create a vacume since the intake side has 50% more pressure.......thus it cancels out the scavenging effect from vacum and replaces it with a similar effect but from air fuel being pushed into the pipe...power increase zero as both are near the same.... as well the harmonics of the tuning are very different between a supercharged and naturally asirated engine....so the tuning supercharging effet of the tuned pipe is cancelled by the blower......so you may actually lose power since you have no return of all the blow by...plust the motor will go thru alot of gas.......but if we have a pipe that works with and is able to function with the supercharger and do what its supposed to do the superchrager will add alot of power....but the tuned pipe would have to be a completely different size and shape to what we have available....it would need to be designed custom......as well a supercharger will see boost quicker then a turbo car but a turbo car hits its peak boost much earlier as the superchargers boost is directly linked to engine RPM where a turbo isn't, a proper sized turbo will spooll up with very little to no lag, the key is to efficiently get the exhaust NRG into the turbo...which means keeping all the heat in and maintaining good velocity.......i am in the process of putting a custom turbo in my car.......anyways untill somebody designs and is able to make a pipe for a supercharged nitro engine the supercharger will do very little and most likely less then the same motor with a very good tuned pipe without the supercharger..as a good tuned pipe can be responsible for nearly 50% of the power from a well tuned 2 stroke....so if the supercharger defeats the pipe whats the point....
Old 07-28-2004, 07:27 AM

A blower wont work for one reason: theres no valves on a 2 stoke engine, thats why you hear of porting being such an art form, a blower will just create turbulence in the combustion chamber, and really mess with the exhaust for the same reason, if you put it on a dyno, i'd bet that a naturally aspirated 2 stroke would out beat a blown one. but that thing looks mean though.
Old 07-29-2004, 11:01 PM

I'm gonna say one more time.....the valves have nothing to do with it.A turbo creates the same pressure that a blower does,only it adds some extra exhaust back pressure.Theres no difference between 8psi in a blower and 8psi in a turbo.And turbos definatly work on a two stroke.However i think on a dyno you could see improvments with a blower...It increases air flow,and as long as the fuel follows,you should have more power.Consider that the air filter alone creates extra vaccum to overcome when running an engine.I'd love to see somone actually test these things on a dyno though...
Old 07-30-2004, 03:34 PM

So are RBinnovation's claims just BS? They claimed good power gains like 30-40%, but it could be something they said to sell 'em.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.