Community
Search
Notices
Traxxas Monster Truck forum Discuss the Traxxas T-Maxx, E-Maxx, Super-Maxx and all other Traxxas monster trucks in this forum. You may also optionally discuss them in our MT general discussion forum.

T-maxx ez strart box problem

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2004, 01:23 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default T-maxx ez strart box problem

ok i went to start my max when it cranked then it just stopped like something got stuck, then like a genius i kept pressing the button on the ez starter. Scratched my head then tried again, same thing it cranked then stopped and i kept pressing the button. I realized that the flywheel was stuck so i used a flat blade screwdriver to rotate the flywheel over. then i tried again.
this time the motor turned as well as the flywheel. It wouldnt start so i looked at the led on the ez start box and the glowplug light wasnt on so i changed the glowplug. And still nothing. the glowplug wire is fine. did i kill my ez starter? any suggestions would be great. thanks
Old 07-29-2004, 03:55 AM

Default RE: T-maxx ez strart box problem

Chances are its a straight forward flooded engine. Take the Gloplug out and turn your Maxx upside down to clear any fuel in the head. I sometimes turn it over with the ezstart,(without the gloplug) to push out any fuel
Old 07-29-2004, 05:09 AM

Yeh thats what i thought too but, i looked at the gloplug while pushing the ez start and it didnt glow.
Old 07-29-2004, 07:57 AM

you have to touch the side of the glow plug on the engine block to get a ground and complete the circuit while pushing the ezstart button.

Is the engine new?
Old 07-29-2004, 08:08 AM

Its a new t-maxx. and i touched the gloplug to the motor side while pressing the ez start button and nothing, no glow. Could it be the ez start box?
Old 07-31-2004, 02:52 PM

you fried the ignitor in the wand by holding too long when the motor would not crank. over traxxas will fix it for free; but you will be w/o your wand for months .no wand meanns no playing .so i suggest you go buy a rechargable glo-starter for 20.00 and have fun. p.s. the reason your flywheel is locking up is to much fuel in the head .when this happens do as you did with the screwdriver an flywheel but loosen your glow plug also until it starts then re-tighten it works like a charm all the time.
Old 07-31-2004, 09:43 PM

Thanks. I firgured out that i fried my ez start. I went and bought a glow starter the other day. It works like a charm starts up on the first try every time!