Community
Search
Notices
Traxxas Monster Truck forum Discuss the Traxxas T-Maxx, E-Maxx, Super-Maxx and all other Traxxas monster trucks in this forum. You may also optionally discuss them in our MT general discussion forum.

Need Racing Help

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2006, 05:39 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need Racing Help

My son and myself are both new to this hobby, we don't do any bashing we only race at our local track and we are both hooked bigtime, our track it made up of hard packed clay, very tight with a lot of technical areas. I have done a ton of research trying to figure everything out about my truck including tearing it apart putting it back together and adding some hopups. I race a Revo and my son races a Nitro Evader ST. What I would like to know is is there somewhere I can go to read about what different modifications do to the truck. I have heard a bunch of you need this and you need that so you can race, and though these comments are helpful I would really like to know why. For instance changing the shock oil, springs and rockers to match your track, this sounds great but there is a 100 different springs, and shock oil to choose from. I have started with the basic race set up but I would like to find out how to fine tune. Any help would be great.
Old 03-29-2006, 05:50 PM

Default RE: Need Racing Help

I am going to start racing my T-maxx this spring and a few things i did for race only purpose was
get a new steering servo-Stock one is realyl weak and you'll get around those corned a lot faster.
also get a battery pack for your receiver pack, it make your servos respond faster.
better shock help, my plastic shocks keep leaking and making a mess.
Tires were a big help, but i think the revo has better tire that the tmaxx stock.
tune pipe wil lgive you a little more lowend(depending on which pipe)
good luck!
Old 03-29-2006, 05:52 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Here are two articles from the Traxxas website. These are pretty good.

http://www.traxxas.com/support/index...cat=143&id=482

http://www.traxxas.com/support/index...472&artlang=en
Old 03-29-2006, 05:52 PM
My Feedback: (1)

Before you start changing anything else, suspension wise.....get more experience. Figure out what your truck is doing, that YOU think needs improvement, then ask what will cure a specific problem. Because until you can tell someone...."my truck is bottoning out on 3 out of 4 jumps, and exhibits too much body roll unloading the inside tires on hair pins...." then NO ONE can actually be of any help. gold/orange springs and 50 wieght is merely an almost universal starting point.....but until you can express what it is you want the truck to do......leave it alone.
Old 03-29-2006, 06:01 PM

I don't plan on doing any changing yet, like you said I'm just learning how to drive without hitting the walls and stay rubber side down right now I just wanted to lean that if your truck does that then do this. I guess I'm trying to read to much into right now, I'm sure that experience will be my best teacher.
Old 03-29-2006, 06:13 PM
My Feedback: (1)

Exactly....and small adjustmets sometimes yeild large gains....pre-loading springs, moving pusrods to different holes....anytime you're out playing on the track....just trya a few changes....and have a note pad handy, note what you do, then you can always return to ground zero. Note also WHAT the change did....good or bad....for future reference.
Old 03-29-2006, 06:25 PM

wish i had a track to drive around here, the bmx track opens soon, but that's not for racing. My lhs owners wife said she knows a guy with a decent sized personal track...that's about it.

Good luck with this. I think a lot of places you need to have the FOC (foreward only conversion) for your revo, and maybe a single speed set up??