Community
Search
Notices
Traxxas Monster Truck forum Discuss the Traxxas T-Maxx, E-Maxx, Super-Maxx and all other Traxxas monster trucks in this forum. You may also optionally discuss them in our MT general discussion forum.

fixed up Smaxx body

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2007, 09:19 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default fixed up Smaxx body

A few weeks ago I get a PM from a guy on a local forum I haunt as well....I have never had any contact with him before....He asked if I had any old beater bodies laying arround he could use for a race on Sunday....I said sure I had an old Smaxx body that was literaly beat to snot..cracks and tears everywhere,I think the rear body post holes were non existant....but he was welcome to it...the thing was full of duct tape...I never thought I'd see it again but that was ok since I'n my mind it was trash...Well was I wrong this young man took it upon himself to fix it up....He repaired all the cracks and tears with some kind of tape stuff that hardens after a while..he has access to vinyl printing so he printed up some decals and put them on to hide some of the carnage as well....I got it back tonight and its like better than new...I can't believe it this body has now seen close to 7 gallons of fuel.....I will probably get a bunch more out of it..

heres a pic after this guy fixed it up
My hats off to this guy for returning something in far better condition than when it was given
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Fd91790.jpg
Views:	16
Size:	41.3 KB
ID:	766867   Click image for larger version

Name:	Pk29780.jpg
Views:	9
Size:	52.3 KB
ID:	766868   Click image for larger version

Name:	Hm25087.jpg
Views:	13
Size:	37.0 KB
ID:	766869  
Old 09-20-2007, 09:33 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: fixed up Smaxx body

That is friggin awsome. You gotta get this guy to post up exactly how he repaired the body. I have a couple bodies that I think could last a little while longer. Until I land on the roof...
Old 09-20-2007, 09:34 PM

Your kidding right? That body looks like new. I love the s maxx bodies.
Old 09-21-2007, 06:21 AM

he used some sort of clear tape stuff that is soft until you peel away the backing then it starts to harden right away....the stuff is really hard...the back of the body where the faux rollbars meet the bed of the truck was totally torn and barely held together by a few strips of lexan....now I can literally use the body as a pit stand its so much tougher.....arround the exhaust cutout was all torn up,,,the rear body post holes were nuttin' but duct tape,,,,its all good now

the guy is an artist and he works for a small company right here in Brantford that produces, sells,services RC Blimps,airships and planes.....these are sold mostly for advertising purposes.

He is working on his new body right now but I told him if he runs out of stuff to do I have 2 more bodies that could use some help...LOL..
He is making me some RCcanuck stickers in differant colors and fonts that I can use on my bodies and toolboxes.....Man I tell you it sure does pay to be nice and try and help people out...
Old 09-27-2007, 05:10 PM

Any chance we could find out what kind of tape that is? I need some.
Old 09-27-2007, 05:19 PM

I know I am getting 2 feet of it to fix up the rest of the bodies and my heli canopy.....I will try and find out the name of it......should be able to get it at hobby shops that specialize in airplanes