Community
Search
Notices
Traxxas Monster Truck forum Discuss the Traxxas T-Maxx, E-Maxx, Super-Maxx and all other Traxxas monster trucks in this forum. You may also optionally discuss them in our MT general discussion forum.

t maxx questions

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2007, 12:55 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default t maxx questions

Alright so i bought a 2.5 tmaxx from some guy and turned out engine was shot so i bought a 3.3 for it,today i broke it in real gentle,my question is what spur gear should i be running? mine is a 70 should i have a 72? also i noticed they have different gear ratios between the 3.3 truck and mine,also the slipper needs new pegs now and should i put in 12 or stay with stock which is 6? any other info you guys can think of is greatly appreciated in advance,Thanks Steve
Old 09-25-2007, 07:13 AM

Default RE: t maxx questions

spur gear - 70,72 it's up to you - try it and see how you like it - a 72 should give a bit more top speed but a bit less bottom
slipper pegs - run six unless you develope a slipping issue that tightning the nut won't fix
best advice - go drive it, have fun, fix what breaks, repeat
Old 09-25-2007, 06:08 PM
Mz

ORIGINAL: iamnot

spur gear - 70,72 it's up to you - try it and see how you like it - a 72 should give a bit more top speed but a bit less bottom
ummm,,, don't you mean the 70t will give it more top end while the 72 will give it more bottom?
Old 09-26-2007, 11:10 AM

no he means that the less teeth=more bottem end more teeth= more top end
Old 09-26-2007, 11:48 AM

Received 20 Likes on 15 Posts

For the spur gear the fewer teeth, the higher the top speed. Fewer teeth on the spur gear means the spur is smaller. Then it will take fewer revolutions of the clutch bell for 1 revolution of the spur. This results in higher top speed assuming the engine rpm is the same.

For the clutch bell it is the fewer teeth, the better the bottom end.
Old 09-26-2007, 12:05 PM

ORIGINAL: tmaxx1701

For the spur gear the fewer teeth, the higher the top speed. Fewer teeth on the spur gear means the spur is smaller. Then it will take fewer revolutions of the clutch bell for 1 revolution of the spur. This results in higher top speed assuming the engine rpm is the same.

For the clutch bell it is the fewer teeth, the better the bottom end.
yeah, what he said.