Community
Search
Notices
Traxxas Monster Truck forum Discuss the Traxxas T-Maxx, E-Maxx, Super-Maxx and all other Traxxas monster trucks in this forum. You may also optionally discuss them in our MT general discussion forum.

T-maxx steering

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2007, 12:47 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default T-maxx steering

Hi everyone,

I recently purchased a T-maxx from ebay and find it to be a great truck, but it seems the previous owner has made the steering super sensitive!!! and when I mean super sensitive!!! I mean as soon as I make small adjustments left or right to keep the truck in a straight line, it wants to do a 180 spin and is virtually uncontrollable.

What can I do/adjust to dampen the steering sensitivity.????
Old 09-25-2007, 01:01 PM

Default RE: T-maxx steering

What kind of radio saytem does it have? The stock Traxxas one or an aftermarket system?
Are you sure that it's too "sensitive" or is there maybe a lot of play in the linkage?
If you could post a picture or two of the steering linkage/servo/servo saver it may help us to help you
Is this your first hobby grade rc? Because they can be pretty touchy when steering, especially at high speeds and it gan take a bit of time to get used to controling one.
Old 09-25-2007, 01:22 PM

Hi DaveG55,

Im using the stock traxxas controller and everything seems standard, i've tried fiddling with the length of the turnbuckles and steering stem that connects to the servo which is the 2055 with no avail. I just cant seem to pinpoint the problem. what if I tighten the screws on the Steering Blocks???

I have run rc trucks before (Exceed/Redcat) just not a T-maxx, so I am quite ofey with the control of an RC vehicles, Im stumped.???
Old 09-25-2007, 06:02 PM

it may be sitting up too high...check your ride height....soften the front up a bit by taking out some preload spacers or changing shock oil and springs
Old 09-25-2007, 06:58 PM

You are lucky! It cost me about $200.00 to get my TMAXX steering sensitive! LOL
Is the servo saver loaded with sand and locked up tight?
Old 09-28-2007, 10:47 PM

Hello , let's get started ...
Are your "A" arms in tacked , at the hinge pins . Make sure that they are not broke at the pivet ponite . Also are the wheel baerings
in good shape ,.
Do you have a monster camber gauge , you can get one from RPM . You need this to ck out your suspention alinment .
You will need a 2ft. level and your monster camber gauge .
I would start with setting the the camber on all 4 cornners @ one degree , then with start by placing the 2ft. on eage behind the rear wheels , then with mcg adjust it to one & a half degrees neg , on both sides ..
Now for the front plce the level on eage in front of the wheels making sure that you have the wheels centered . do this by turnning on the trans. & reciver , for minuet to do this then turn them off , give the front wheels 1 half degree pos. that would pulling the front of the wheels out .
Because it souded like you had play with and may have got them out of alinment , and it may not be this but you need new parts . Some pople get ride of old to them wore out trucks . I bought one with a wore out engine for 250.00 at a shop . good luck . hope this might help

mo01digger