Community
Search
Notices
Twin & Multi Engine RC Aircraft Discuss the ins & outs of building & flying multi engine rc aircraft here.

Twin Recommendation

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2004, 12:41 PM
My Feedback: (2)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Twin Recommendation

I've got two great running MDS .28's sitting here collecting dust and need something to put them on. Anybody got any ideas what would be a good twin for them? Read the article about the GP P-38 profile, but they might be a bit much for that one. Anyone else got that kit yet or have any other suggestions. Getting cabin fever waiting on spring-need something else to build!!
Randy
Old 02-01-2004, 01:43 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Twin Recommendation

Hobby Hangers small OV 10 Bronco would be a great fit for those 28's. I am flying one with OS 25's and it is a very well behaved twin. If you can pick up a Northeast Aerodynamics Twin Air 25 on Ebay or at an auction somewhere, jump on it. Pound for pound, one of the best flying small twins ever designed IMHO. Also, you can take a Great Planes Super Sportster and get a set of plans from RCM and kitbash it to a Super Sportster Twin. It builds into a nice flyer. Goldberg's Tiger II can also be kitbashed into a nice twin without too much work. Twins are also a real attention getter at the field, so go for it.
Old 02-01-2004, 02:21 PM

the OV-10 sounds great. Where can you get that kit? I haven't heard of the Hobby Hanger brand.
Randy
Old 02-01-2004, 11:34 PM
My Feedback: (1)

Hobby Hanger can be found here: http://www.hobbyhangar.com/test/kits.htm

At one time they had an ARF of the 25 size OV10, but I did not see it on their site any longer.
Old 02-02-2004, 12:02 PM

RRYMAN,

I've got both the GP Profile-38 and also the HH OV-10 Bronco. The Profile-38 was a fun little kit to put together. I've been flying it with OS-25 FX's and 8x6 3-bladed props. Great flying bird! I fly off a 450' grass strip so the .25's come in handy when the grass is tall. I started out with two TT .25 GP's however they were not as reliable as the OS's. The stock throttle assembly setup in the kit uses one servo to control both throttles. There is another thread with all the details about it and some options.

Still working on the OV-10 Bronco. I've got a pair of Saito FA-40 four strokes and spring air retracts for this baby. Hobby Hangar has the kits along with a optional cockpit assembly and also fiberglass cowls. They also sell the ARF version there but under the name of "Scaletech" There is a link on the bottom of their home page for the ARF. The kit requires quite a bit of work compared to the Profile-38.

Cal
Old 02-03-2004, 12:27 PM
My Feedback: (1)

Randy,

How about trying a Morris Hobbies Twin Trainer, or Pinwheel Twin? I just finished my Twin Trainer; however, I probably won't get around to test flying it until May or June. I promised Twinman I'd get some pictures, so be on the lookout for them. One good thing about the Morris planes is that you can buy videos of them actually flying. In the video, they takeoff the Twin Trainer on one MVVS .21 and do spins into the dead engine. It recovers with a simple hands-off. I've got a Morris Hobbies Spinsation, and it's a real attention getter at any field. It does everything on the video....and more.

Robb
Old 02-03-2004, 04:35 PM

Thanks for the info, guys. I believe that OV-10 will be the ticket. I have the engines and retracts that should work for it.
Randy