Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Twin & Multi Engine RC Aircraft
 KMP or VQ P-38: Which one is better >

KMP or VQ P-38: Which one is better

Community
Search
Notices
Twin & Multi Engine RC Aircraft Discuss the ins & outs of building & flying multi engine rc aircraft here.

KMP or VQ P-38: Which one is better

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2005, 11:35 PM
My Feedback: (10)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default KMP or VQ P-38: Which one is better

I am interested in an ARF P-38; both KMP and VQ appear to be great looking ARF's; pros and cons would be appreciated, Thanks.
Old 05-13-2005, 06:51 AM

Default RE: KMP or VQ P-38: Which one is better

dasintex:

Funny you should ask!

I'll exhume my old thread and put it on page one.

RV Man is still flying his KMP. I crashed the VQ because I was stupid.

I liked the VQ so much I bought another one almost immediately.

samparfitt also had an excellent construction thread for the VQ that I borrowed from shamelessly for our comparison.

mt
Old 05-13-2005, 07:14 AM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I have the old version of the KMP and it had a lot of quality issues but it flies great....
Old 05-14-2005, 12:24 PM
My Feedback: (2)

Go to the reviews section of the sister website at Rcwarbirds.com. The KMP was the earlier version, so am not sure of changes.
My two cents is that you should not do a P-38 unless you are very compentent and comfortable with twin engine planes. You MUST always fly with the rudder.
Good Luck,
Twinman
Old 05-15-2005, 06:30 AM

As kram says, there are a ton of threads on this on. I think the VQ may be a little more scale than the kmp (my kmp is early version). I really like the way mine flies - no nasty habits (at least with two engines turning, I don't want to ever find out its one-engine-out flight habits). As you review the threads, you'll find the owners of each like their's the best, I think it is a testament to each of the models. I mean, two years ago there WASN'T a reasonably priced 80+ inch P-38 ARF available, now we have TWO. Folks, we're lucky.

Oh yeah, one other thing. Please listen to twinman - I wouldn't recommend as a first twin, although mine is much better mannered than my top-flite dc-3 (which is a tad heavy).

After watching mookies thread on his electric conversion of the p-38, I'm (somewhat) seriously thinking about converting mine. Anyone need a good pair of saito .72's? Selling those will cover nearly 1/8th of the conversion cost - ouch.

Good luck - I'm guessing you'll like whichever you choose.

larry