Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Twin & Multi Engine RC Aircraft
Question about gyros in twins. >

Question about gyros in twins.

Community
Search
Notices
Twin & Multi Engine RC Aircraft Discuss the ins & outs of building & flying multi engine rc aircraft here.

Question about gyros in twins.

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2003, 12:46 PM
My Feedback: (5)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Question about gyros in twins.

I got a question about the use of gyros. I'm thinking of putting duel receivers in my Cloud Dancer twin. I'm also going to go with a Gyro on the rudders and alienors. Now This is going to be a twin boom plane so I was thinking of having a receiver in each boom running that boom and it's side of the wing. Is there a way to run two different rudder servos that are on different receivers off the same gyro?
Old 03-01-2003, 11:21 PM
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Gyros

No pressure here!!!!!!!
For what it is worth, the twin boom type planes I have are very easy to control due to the long tail and large tail surfaces with one engine out.
Having said that, and that did not answer your question.
I use the Hobbico Aero ( Now don't start yelling at me about Futaba, Hitec, and JR, I know they have similar products, just have not personally used them) gyro on my P-38's for the ailerons. This ( AND OTHERS) have twin input and output for the separate channels. I use separate channels for the ailerons.
I suppose, and I stress the word suppose, that you could put one channel from each receiver into each side of the gyro and use one of the receivers to control the gain. I would strongly suggest that you try this on the ground and test thoroughly before flight. I have a concern of the two battery leads from separate power sources coming together in one gyro. Power crossover or radio cross talk.
It would be safer, in my humble opinion, to use two separate small single channel gyros for each receiver and set the gain to the identical settings.
You will be amazed how sharp the rolling manuvers are in multipoint rolls with gyros on the ailerons!!!!!
Don't forget to fly coordinated with the rudder and ailerons, least the gyros fight you. ( OK, so I am on my soap box again..sorry)
Good Luck, and let us know the result.