Community
Search
Notices
Twin & Multi Engine RC Aircraft Discuss the ins & outs of building & flying multi engine rc aircraft here.

b-25 bomb bay

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2007, 11:26 PM
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default b-25 bomb bay

Does anyone have diagrams as to how they operated their bay doors. im looking for a scale neat system. All you ziroli greg hahn types help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 12-10-2007, 12:28 AM

Default RE: b-25 bomb bay

Tim,

The full scale door mechanism used a single driver on a cam that connected to the door arms and rotated aprox. 180 deg. I used a retract servo on one of my early bomb door set ups.

The easy way is to use two servos one for each door. Drive at the front of the doors, it takes quite a bit of leverage to hold the doors open in the slip stream. Normal servo throw is a plenty. The only tricky thing is to get the geometry correct so they open the same distance.

In the case of Futaba servos you can use the MS-A 10 servo box to get one of the servos to operate in reverse, or use a High Tech servo on one side since they run in reverse to Futaba. In the case of JR you can order the servo reversed.

hope this helps
gh
Old 12-10-2007, 01:35 AM

so if i can get a cam right i could drive this all with a 180 retract servo i need a pic of that cam/ i called the museum where executive suite is maybe they can sent me someting. ill try zenos too. im running a 6v system so more torque a retract servo has a lot of torque
a servo in each corner would not look right so i have to drive this from behind
Old 12-10-2007, 05:43 AM
My Feedback: (13)

Tim:

If you check out the forum on the" KMP B-25 Built" in the twin engine section,there are postings and pics of how to do it...That is the way I did mine,and another thing, I had to slow my plane down,about 1/2 throttle.using about 10 degrees of flaps and then releasing the bombs...Tried at full throttle,only to have the bombs stay in the bomb bay and the plane gained height...believe you'll have to practice this when you fly it...Good luck
Old 12-10-2007, 03:00 PM

just talked to one of the pilots of executive suite. he will get ma a diagam of the cam and he said it simply rotates and to hold off on servos until he get the drawings to me. he is a fed ex cpt. Now that is awesome. He has b-24 time too!