Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Twin & Multi Engine RC Aircraft
 KMP OV-10 DBalsa Cockpit >

KMP OV-10 DBalsa Cockpit

Community
Search
Notices
Twin & Multi Engine RC Aircraft Discuss the ins & outs of building & flying multi engine rc aircraft here.

KMP OV-10 DBalsa Cockpit

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2008, 10:05 PM
My Feedback: (4)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default KMP OV-10 DBalsa Cockpit

Hello All,

This is my first experience with a Dynamic Balsa cockpit. I am installing it in my KMP OV-10. Looking at the picture can anyone tell me which areas of the cockput assembly are removed in preparation of the DBalsa assembly? Any and all advice is appreciated. Anyone have any ideas on making the edges neat on an ARF canopy edges?

Thank you all!
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ec87811.jpg
Views:	32
Size:	44.7 KB
ID:	887940  
Old 02-25-2008, 09:07 PM
My Feedback: (48)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: KMP OV-10 DBalsa Cockpit

I did not use the mentioned cockpit kit in my KMP Bronco (considered it) but I have looked at the pictures. Seems like it will require considerable removal of some of the former sides, most all the mid former. The center pod already has some undesireable horizontal flex. This could become even more sever with some of the former strength removed. However I think a good full length lite ply sub-floor (3/32") below the cockpit and secured to sidewalls should resolve most of all the problem. I am not looking inside of mine-just going off of memeory. You will have to resolve steering servos etc. per your application. Just another opinion.
Old 09-25-2008, 09:31 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: KMP OV-10 DBalsa Cockpit

Its simple to laminate carbon fiber vail inside the left and right fuselage sides to stiffen them.
Also making a lite ply doubler would do the trick.