Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > Walkera Helis - Dragonfly, etc..
 "Glitchy" 22E tail motor - dancing tail probs >

"Glitchy" 22E tail motor - dancing tail probs

Community
Search
Notices
Walkera Helis - Dragonfly, etc.. Discuss Walkera Dragonfly Helis and any Walkera products in this forum

"Glitchy" 22E tail motor - dancing tail probs

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2006, 02:35 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default "Glitchy" 22E tail motor - dancing tail probs

Well, finally got everything dialed in and doing some side-on hovering (getting ready for figure 8's soon). New problem is this, the tail motor seems to be pulsing in bursts of fast and faster. When flying tail in, the boom dances back and forth about an inch altogether. My 22E looks like a cat about to pounce with that but wiggle thing going on. Positive I have no vibration issues. My guesses for the problem are:

1. Walkera 4 in 1 board on the fritz.
2. Walkera tail motor about to check out for good.
3. Some sort of antenna problem, since I have since removed the training gear and re-routed the antenna wire (note- heli flew OK after
re-routing wire for about 4 battery packs)

Since I've heard so much about the walkera electric failures, I'm tending to go with guess #1 above.

In fact I held the heli in my hand above my head, spun it up and I could hear the tali motor gear whine go form a low whirr to a higher whirr sound with a steady up and down timing , like about 2 pulses per second.

Also while hovering I would get a tail rotor glitch for about 1/2 of a second, long enough to rotate heli about 90 degrees.

Any ideas out there? Once again, thanks for the help.

Old 09-08-2006, 06:54 PM

Default RE: "Glitchy" 22E tail motor - dancing tail probs

Havent had any experience with the 4in1 of the 22, but similar problems have happened on my 36 when the gyro sensitivity was too high - as a start I would try reducing the gyro sensitivity, and while you are doing it turn the adjustment all the way and back a few times in case it is a poor connection in the sensitivity pot.
Old 09-09-2006, 05:02 PM

ORIGINAL: SeaComms

Havent had any experience with the 4in1 of the 22, but similar problems have happened on my 36 when the gyro sensitivity was too high - as a start I would try reducing the gyro sensitivity, and while you are doing it turn the adjustment all the way and back a few times in case it is a poor connection in the sensitivity pot.
So today I played around with the gyro controls a bit and tamed the wiggle down a good bit. May have been a "dirty" pot with poor wiper contact as you say. Flew two battery packs wit no probs.

So, do you like the 36? Is it shaft or belt on the tail drive? Would you recommend one?

Thanks for the reply,
Robo
Old 09-09-2006, 06:11 PM

Hey Robo,

the 36 is an interesting beast to say the least! Its not much different really to the 22, except for the belt drive rear end, a little bigger blades and they have put the gyro seperate. I've only had mine in the air about 8 times now over the last week as it took me a while to get it going (it was damaged in transit) so have only really just learned to hover indoors in a small area.

With the stock motor and stock batteries its pretty tame, bordering on pretty lame actually. The fine tuning required to get it lift off with stock gear makes you appreciate the mechanics of a heli! I am still waiting for my brushless motor and decent battery, then I think it will be a blast to play with