Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > Walkera Helis - Dragonfly, etc..
 Walkera 60 cnc metal head pitch is wrong way round >

Walkera 60 cnc metal head pitch is wrong way round

Community
Search
Notices
Walkera Helis - Dragonfly, etc.. Discuss Walkera Dragonfly Helis and any Walkera products in this forum

Walkera 60 cnc metal head pitch is wrong way round

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2006, 10:06 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Walkera 60 cnc metal head pitch is wrong way round

i have installed a metal head on my walkera 60 i have changed the switchs and the j pins but when i trottle up the blades twist to negitive pitch instead of positive dose anyone know how to correct this?
Old 09-15-2006, 10:31 AM

Default RE: Walkera 60 cnc metal head pitch is wrong way round

if you are using the standard Walkera transmitter, try reversing the pitch switch on the back of it
Old 09-15-2006, 10:48 AM

I have configured the switchs on the back the way shown the pit switch makes the problem worse any more sujestions
Old 09-15-2006, 11:11 AM

Dannybee what is the setting on your dipswitches?

ORIGINAL: dannybee

I have configured the switchs on the back the way shown the pit switch makes the problem worse any more sujestions
Old 09-15-2006, 08:50 PM

I agree with Soneebee - what are all your switch settings - maybe its not set for CCPM mode? or perhaps something mechanical in the assembly of the head - Disconnect the motor and run it up to full throttle - does the swash plate rise nice and level, and presuming it does, does the blade pitch also increase?

EDIT - Hmm... just looking at some pictures noticed the pitch on the metal head seems to be reversed (control levers on back of blades not front...) meaning swash would move down for increase in pitch
Old 12-08-2006, 10:30 AM

Well, I am in the same boat here. I noticed while installing the head that the pitch setting was going to be reversed for the servos, but I figured it would be able to be worked out with the controllers settings. The problem I ran into was that no matter what settings I used I can only get it down to one problem left, the aileron controls are reversed now. I can get pitch and elevator to work correctly, but left=right and right=left for aileron now. Short of taking the servos apart and reversing the wiring internally I am completely baffled. I ran a complete binary count through the switches on the controller and to no avail so far. Otherwise my thought is to reverse the way the head unit works and have the pitch controlled by the lead of the blade instead of the tail of it. Any other ideas before I rewire my servos?
Old 12-08-2006, 11:59 AM

CaptainMurphy,

I have made the assembly manual for this head.. in the manual I also made the changes required for the stock walkera WK -701 TX.. just follow the setting and you can work the metal head....

hope this helps

[link=http://www.ehirobo.com/shop/download_file.php]ehirobo.com download site[/link]
Old 12-08-2006, 12:19 PM

I found it about 20 minutes after having spent all morning searching for information on this site and after I went to the walkera forums and found the answer on one of your posts there. As soon as I get home from work I am going to try exactly what you had in the manual and see if it gets it working again. Lord knows there is no rewiring my brain to make left=right and right=left.