Community
Search
Notices
Walkera Helis - Dragonfly, etc.. Discuss Walkera Dragonfly Helis and any Walkera products in this forum

Dead 36 motor or speed control?

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-2006, 10:22 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dead 36 motor or speed control?

I finally received replacement transmitter after defective one came with original box. Fully charged battery, and all functions work fine.....except motor won't spin.

Cyclic works fine, as do all the other servos. Is there anything I can check with volt meter, or can I otherwise confirm the speed control is working?

The motor in the bird is the standard brushed 400 that comes stock.

Geez, and I had to wait 4 weeks for the replacement transmitter. YES, I've already placed an order for new radio to replace all of the Walkera electronics

thanks
Old 09-16-2006, 10:32 PM

Default RE: Dead 36 motor or speed control?

With your voltmeter you can measure across the motor wires to see if there is any voltage going into it as you throttle up (make sure the motor pinion in NOT engaged with the main gear though just in case it does suddenly fire up!). if there is good voltage then it is the motor - no voltage its the speed controller.

Also make sure you have the transmitter switched on first and the throttle and the throttle trim all the way down when you plug in the battery as anything above idle will stop the ESC from arming.

Sounds like yours may have been put together on a Friday Mine was built on a Wednesday (everything works) but was shipped on a friday (got bashed around and bent everything!)
Old 09-17-2006, 06:02 PM

Default RE: Dead 36 motor or speed control?

Seacomms
Thanks, you're brilliant. It worked! Seems this forum is quickly becoming the Users Manual for the bird.

Thanks again