Community
Search
Notices
Walkera Helis - Dragonfly, etc.. Discuss Walkera Dragonfly Helis and any Walkera products in this forum

Walkera #62 Thread

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2006, 12:11 AM
My Feedback: (3)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Walkera #62 Thread

Since my first heli, the walkera 36, i have/had a trex, blade cx, blade cp, raptor 50. less than one year!

My newest edition is the 62. I shose this one because of the ccpm, full metal setup, tail drive, and landing gear/ look.
I like how it sits!

So I just wanted to post a new thread for this heli, since it is different than the others.
Please post any comments on this heli.

(mine is ordered, waiting for arrival) I have spare gyro, esc motor etc to upgrade this to a good flyer. going to try the stock electronics to see the quality of the new gen of walkera electronics I noticed they make digital servos now!!
Old 09-28-2006, 07:47 PM

Default RE: Walkera #62 Thread

Well, would seem nobody has one of these bad boys.

HERE IS A LINK [link=http://www.ehirobo.com/shop/product_info.php?cPath=82_90&products_id=3959]Walkera 62[/link]

Let you know the quality when i recieve mine. , should be a good flyer, soon to see!
Old 09-30-2006, 07:05 PM

well i ordered my walkera 62 and received it today. I ordered kit only. Now I have 2 walkera 62 kits.

I realised that the quality of the aluminum and metal is not so good. Rotor head looks a little weak. The landing skid is quite soft. It will be easily to be bended. And the helicopter is smaller than I thought.

Here are some picture of it

Comparing size between Trex 450 XL - Walkera 62 - Aplus 400
Old 09-30-2006, 10:13 PM

I'd move the tail servo to the boom and change that ugly canopy, but other than that it looks good. Keep us posted!!
Old 10-01-2006, 03:21 AM

Walkera [link=http://www.hobbyjapan2000.com/store/proddetail.php?prod=WALKERA62]No. 62B[/link] is the full version with metal main and tail rotor sets. No. 60 only come with main metal rotor head
Old 10-01-2006, 02:56 PM

thanks for the pics tungnguyen, I don't like to hear that it looks weak. But hopefully it will fly nice enough to not crash!
I didnt think it was going to be that much smaller.

Does it have the bevel or straight main gear?

Mine has been 5 days, and i don't think it has even been shipped yet. Some complications with my order. Hopefully I'll have it in the air within a week.
On another note, flew my raptor yesterday, was nice flight, some reason I havent flown it for a while.
Old 10-03-2006, 07:33 PM

Any updates tungnguyen? have you gotten your electronics installed yet? is it flying?

I got word that mine is shipped today, barebone kit and a handfull of spares. new motor + esc. I cannot wait. Hope it is here by friday so I can get it in the air on the weekend.

Jared
Old 10-04-2006, 06:36 AM

sorry for my slow response, i was quite busy finishing my final exam. Anyway, i'm a free bird now yahooo

This 62B has a traight main gear. But I think it doesn't matter much because I see my Trex has traight main gear as well.

Hey, I forgot to mention about the battery holder of this helicopter, I've gotta say "hate it". It was designed for the stock battery only. Only stock battery can fit. I got my battery which is used on Trex is too long for the battery holder. I think I'll have to modify or remove it.

I'm wondering is there any 11.1V lipo battery that in square shape? LOL I hardly see one...

I haven't installed electronics into it yet because I haven't got good stuffs. Right now I only have a Spektrum system which someone told me its servos are too weak for this type of helicopter. So it's easy to crash. I'm still waiting for buying some good servos, and gyro as well. Now I have a Telebee HH gyro.

b16a2sir, where did you order your barebone kit? How much is it? I ordered mine directly from HongKong.

I have 2 kits, so anyone wants one? PM me

Old 10-04-2006, 08:29 AM

ordered from Ehirobo, it is 170 USD i think. I got a bunch of spares too.
I would hold onto your etra kit for spares. Or if you want, I could trade you a Futaba 401 gyro! (it has been in a crash, i have to test it still to make sure it is ok, the case looks fine, so i am sure its ok!)

I have everything i need to get mine in the air except servos, Which i can probably rob from something else,

I can't wait!!

Thanks for replying
Old 10-04-2006, 08:30 AM

oh yah, i was worried that the gear was beveled, and i would have a hard time finding a pinion. so if its straight, the trex gears or any should work!
Old 10-04-2006, 09:15 AM

yeah right, any pinion should work but we need to find a suitable pinion to give the best power and effect.

I'm thinking about saving money and buy a new GY401.

Me too, I just can't wait for electronics to put this helicopter into the air.

If you get it, please keep us updated

Cheers,
Tung
Old 10-05-2006, 11:01 PM

well, it made it to canada, just has to get cleared through customs!!
I went and bought a flight pack today, so hopefully i get it tomorrow, and have it in the air by saturday! fingers crossed.
What size are the blades that come with it? I am curious how many parts are interchangable with the TREX.

Untill next time.
Old 10-06-2006, 04:29 AM

The main rotor span of this helicopter is 605mm, tail rotor span is 122mm. Quite small comparing with Trex. So I think it's uninterchangeable with Trex stuffs.

I see on eBay there are a lof of carbon fiber blades for walkera 60, 62, or 36. But I never try them so don't know about their quality. We should check blades balance before flying. I think 315mm wooden blades may work fine.

just can't wait to see you flying this weekend

Fly safe bro
Old 10-06-2006, 03:41 PM

Well, I am one VERY UNHAPPY customer of Ehirobo right now. Just recieved the heli, and parts.

First thing i noticed, The effin main gear isnt normal, it is beveled, and i have no pinion
next is the set screw on one of the flybar holders is missing, it is soo small that I couldnt find one at the biggest LHS.
and finally, the servo mounts are tiny, and have a hard time to get hs-55 servos in. hs-50 fits nice, but i am only using that for the tail.

Besides those MAJOR problems, it looks ok! the head looks smooth and MAY work fine!!

GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

EHIROBO is about to hear all this from me. Might even see if i can return it, and get a 60, or another TREX.
Old 10-06-2006, 07:27 PM

well it's strange. My gear is straight, not bevel. And it's bad to hear about ehirobo. It seems that the more customers they have, the less they care about their products.

I still one one more walkera 62 kit, so if you need, just let me know One of my friend took one to test. I have no electronics stuffs so it has to go.
Old 10-07-2006, 10:46 AM

how much for your kit? i tested my spare GY401 and it seems just fine. But my CSM 420 is smaller and fits nicer, and i prefer how the CSM's feel in flight. I got all my electronics installed last night, except motor. I have one more local hobby shop to get the pinion.
Have to clean up the wires and then i'll take a couple pics.

There is still some play in the main hub. I am going to replace the screw (that holds the rotor hub to the main shaft)with a better quality one because the other doesnt clamp down enough.

The swashplate and rotorhead are smooth with the servos controlling them. Havent measured the pitch i am getting yet.
Old 10-07-2006, 02:55 PM

the kit is about $170, same as yours but shipping cost from London to Canada is damn expensive. I just checked at my local post office. Fedex is 40 GBP ~ $90. So I think you'd better get spares from there.

I used to live in Toronto for 2.5 years. It's a nice city I've ever known.
Old 10-07-2006, 03:19 PM

Thats ridiculous shipping price. too bad.
Now I cannot find a bevel pinion for this thing anywhere. not even on hirobo's site. Maybe i can shim one side of the motor so it is on the same angle as the teeth on the main gear!!!

I am looking at the main gear from the #60, it looks like it could work.
Old 10-11-2006, 08:01 AM

Well, I finally got Ehirobo to send me the proper gear. Woohoo. This thing might actually get in the air before xmas!
Old 10-11-2006, 09:09 AM

great to hear that. Hope to see yours flying soon
Old 10-14-2006, 10:19 PM

well i just found the beveled gear on ebay. I'll probably order it up so i can have spare sets. I was almost thinking bout putting an airwolf fueselage on it.

can you fly inverted with a fueselage?

Hows yours coming?
Old 10-15-2006, 08:09 PM

lol I'm a newbie, i can't fly inverted

You'd bettery try to fly it first. How does it fly?
Old 10-17-2006, 07:44 PM

OK, well, Ehirobo has redeemed themselves. I recieved the proper gear today, which I THOUGHT i ordered with my original order, Anyway, the modulus on this gear isnt anything near the TREX or walkera 36, so i still need pinion, but thats minor!
anyway, main gear is going in,

I WILL HAVE A VID from this coming weekend (as long as i have a camera man!!)
Old 10-20-2006, 07:31 AM

Hi Guys,

I have several Heli's (and planes!) including a Walkera 36, which is a nice Heli to fly once I
swopped out the original RX and Tx for my JR PCM kit and upgraded to the metal head. I note
that Walkera are now providing a PCM/PPM system for the 62, I quite fancy adding the 62 to
my collection and was wondering if anybody has any experience of the new Walkera RC kit?

Tony
Old 10-20-2006, 08:38 AM

I got mine as a barebone kit, just because my first heli was the 36, and i had to replace every spec of electronics, i just put my own in from the start now.

I have heard the new electronics are way better than the old.

Well, i have just installed a venom 3900KV motor!!! Just have to tie up the wires, go through my pitch curves and should be ready for a test.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.