Community
Search
Notices
Walkera Helis - Dragonfly, etc.. Discuss Walkera Dragonfly Helis and any Walkera products in this forum

Custom Training Gear

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2006, 09:22 PM
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Custom Training Gear

I have posted on the "22e lets talk" thread about my custom gear and several people showed some interest in it so I thought I would share it where other heli flyers might see it. I know this is still in the "walkera" section so any of you other guys feel free to pass the info around to the other forums. I have flown
numerous time with this gear and it's a joy not to chase little yellow balls all over the place .

This is from the 22e thread..... with some editing:

I've done something on mine that helps with identifying the horizontal attitude of the heli. I have my own custom training gear, it consist of two,
1.8 mm carbon fiber rods 2 feet long, the outer tube of a medium (5/32" i think) nyrod (this is the nylon pushrod system used
mostly by fixed wing builders). I crossed the 1.8 rods and attached to the landing gear, the nyrod attaches to the 1.8's
by piercing through the nyrod and a drop of CA glue.
The nyrod is one full length and part of another. I took the inner pushrod and cut some short pieces to use as a coupler secured with epoxy and a straight pin through it (the assembled joint can be seen in the 2nd pic). The last pic is to show the ponytailer elastics that hold the rods in position on the gear.

This has helped me tremendously, I have not had a low level incident since implementing this. The 1.8 rods are flexible enough to
cushion without abruptly affecting the heli, so now instead of bouncing off those balls and rebounding the other way
(the direction that you're already giving input for because you realized you were going too far one way), it gently stops the motion and with your inputs
you regain control of the heli. The other thing is it gave me a better visual reference to the horizontal plane of the heli,
Trying to identify the horizon on a 3 1/2" wide object from 10 or 15 feet away is not easy....believe me....this helps.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Fd92808.jpg
Views:	10
Size:	65.0 KB
ID:	534275   Click image for larger version

Name:	Zu65240.jpg
Views:	9
Size:	34.4 KB
ID:	534276   Click image for larger version

Name:	Xc77900.jpg
Views:	10
Size:	46.0 KB
ID:	534277  
Old 10-03-2006, 11:24 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Custom Training Gear

Thanks for the good info. I'm going to stop by the hobby shop after work to pickup the parts.