Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > Walkera Helis - Dragonfly, etc..
 best battery and motor for the walkera 60 and any other upgrades >

best battery and motor for the walkera 60 and any other upgrades

Community
Search
Notices
Walkera Helis - Dragonfly, etc.. Discuss Walkera Dragonfly Helis and any Walkera products in this forum

best battery and motor for the walkera 60 and any other upgrades

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2006, 10:50 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default best battery and motor for the walkera 60 and any other upgrades

I just got my new toy and I was quite pissed about the battery and the chargerthat come with it, instructions suck as well No detailed instructions on what to do with the battery so I pluged it into the chopper and worked it till the rotors wouldnt spin any more then I charged it it didnt take about 20 min and the battery was hot *** am I doing wrong?

also after this I can get the skids off the deck about a inch and thats it no higher did I already fry this battery?

It will spin the rotor at full throttle I can dance the plane around the ground but it barely gets off the deck so is it the battery or do I need to adjust the shashplate? I see plenty of movement but what should I have on the blade pitch ? give it to me in inches please hahah

If I do need a battery I want to get something better so I need some advice on what to get because im a newby

I also wouldnt mind putting in a motor with some balls so if that coincides with a new battery id like to do them at the same time.

I already have the CNC head and tail rotor but I want to save them for after my big crash that I know is comming sometime.

but for now I want the power to get it off the ground.

what other upgrades are out there? this is my training aircraft and I will be going bigger in the future but I want to wear this thing out and do it right.

thanks

johnny

Old 10-07-2006, 06:01 PM

Default RE: best battery and motor for the walkera 60 and any other upgrades

Most people upgrade to this Elf Hobby 4200kv motor and 30a ESC.
http://www.ehirobo.com/shop/product_...oducts_id=4046

This 15c 2200mAh Li-Po battery works well with the above motor.
http://www.ehirobo.com/shop/product_...oducts_id=4433
Old 10-07-2006, 06:55 PM

Default RE: best battery and motor for the walkera 60 and any other upgrades

thanks man