Community
Search
Notices
Walkera Helis - Dragonfly, etc.. Discuss Walkera Dragonfly Helis and any Walkera products in this forum

walkera 22e battery charge time

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2006, 04:02 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default walkera 22e battery charge time

Can anyone tell me how long i should leave the battery to charge. (walkera 22e)
Have i purchased a poor heli?

Old 10-09-2006, 06:32 PM

Default RE: walkera 22e battery charge time

That's going to depend on the battery type and mah. The higher the mah the longer it takes to charge.
Old 10-09-2006, 06:57 PM

I'm in the same boat.I received my 22E today and I don't know if the red light is supose to come on when done or not..?The battery gets pretty warm after about an hour.
Old 10-09-2006, 10:34 PM

same here, i just take a multimeter to ensure the voltage its right and thats it, after 30 mins im done
plus i added a fan to keep it cool
Old 01-04-2007, 05:35 PM

For a normal stock battery you get with the 22e, the battery charger light will turn RED while charging and around 1.5 to 2 hours later the charger will turn to GREEN indicating the battery is charged.

the battery does get WARM, but shouldnt be hot...
Old 01-04-2007, 05:54 PM

ORIGINAL: conad

For a normal stock battery you get with the 22e, the battery charger light will turn RED while charging and around 1.5 to 2 hours later the charger will turn to GREEN indicating the battery is charged.

Uh, mine doesn't do that. There's nothing automatic about the charger. It takes me a little over an hour to charge the battery. I take it off the charger when it gets warm. When I first got it, I thought the charger would stop charging when it finished, but when I checked the battery it was extremely hot! I use a timer now (like you'd use to turn on and off a lamp when you're not home) set for 1:15 just in case I forget about it, but I always check to see how warm the battery's getting periodically.

-JT
Old 01-04-2007, 07:08 PM
My Feedback: (1)

Mine never changed color on the led while charging...always red after plugged in and charging....2 hours of charge completely cooked one of my stock batteries (I had 2 of them) I cooked the other after about 2.5 hours (senior moment) they both got hot enough to melt the plastic wrap that comes on them.
I've had my li-po for about 3 months now....no problems and I love the extended flight time...
ORIGINAL: conad

Old 01-04-2007, 07:08 PM

ok,

I had special instructions within the package when i got the heli, to work the battery charger... which indicated that the charger would turn RED to Charge battery and GREEN when the batterys full.

Were talking about a normal stock, Green battery, Ni-MH 9.6V 650mAh ah???
or do you have something different.

hmmm, just had a thought, im in New Zealand, and an using a 240v charger. the charger seems to have come from China as i have to use a chinese adapter to plug it into the wall.
maybe because you lot are in the US, were using different chargers...

to date with the current stock battery, ive done around 12 charges all ok - all taking around 1.5 hours each time.
Old 01-07-2007, 01:20 PM

hey conad, i am also using the stock charger, it turned green after 1/2 hour and didnt charge the batt. i left it on green for most of the day checking it every 15min and it didnt get warm. so i changed the power adapter for a lower amp one and now my stock batts charge fine once the green light comes on. I think it is a 12v 500mah and takes a couple of hours for the light to turn green. in saying that i would not trust it at all
Old 11-03-2007, 02:02 AM

Hi - I got my Walkera 22E yesterday - just did some simple exercises (I'm a beginner) - no flying yet -just hovering. Then I took the battery off to charge it and when I put it back on - nothing happens anymore... The transmitter is on full power, the heli makes that little noise what tells me it gets juice as well, so I guess it is some kind of communication problem . Does anyone have an idea, what might be going on here?? I spend hours checking and double checking and cant figure it out...
Old 11-03-2007, 02:18 AM

Make sure your antenna on your Tx is screwed in tight, make sure the crystals in your Rx and Tx are tight, make sure the batteries in your Tx are good. Turn on the Tx with the throttle and throttle trim all the way down then plug in the battery to the 22E. If you still don't get any results, try removing the crystals from both the Rx and Tx and spread the pins a little so they make better contact when you plug them back in. Another thing to check is to make sure the antenna wire on the Rx hasn't broken off right where it exits the 4-in-1. Since you said you are a beginner, I hope you know that the Tx should always be the first thing turned on and the last thing turned off.

-JT
Old 01-15-2008, 06:21 PM

whats the biggest battery u but on the 22e?
Old 01-15-2008, 08:18 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Mine came with the Lipo upgrade and I have had no problem with it at all.. takes about 30 -40 minutes of charge depending on run time.. works better than I thought it would..... I have 3 lipo's now and works great so far..about 15 charges total so far.. the red light blinks until the green light comes on steady then I just unplug the battery... with the lipo's, I only run until I can see a bit of slowdown in the main blades, then I shut it down.. I don't think the 4 in 1 has a voltage cutoff..