Community
Search
Notices
Walkera Helis - Dragonfly, etc.. Discuss Walkera Dragonfly Helis and any Walkera products in this forum

Did I hurt my Tx

Search this Thread

Old 12-31-2006, 01:12 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Did I hurt my Tx

Hello all,

Another newbie here. I got my Walkera 60 a couple of weeks ago. Currently I am spending as much time as I can on the free sim getting familiar with the sticks. Made my own cable which is an S-video connection on one end and a mono mini plug on the other that plugs into the mic input of the sound card. I am using a nine volt DC power supply to power my Tx and save on batteries, although I do not recommend this to others at this time because when I switch it on in 3D mode the power level indicator flashes until I switch to normal mode and then back to 3D. This may be normal… or I may have hurt my Tx. The manual lacks plenty in instruction. Can you tell me if it is hurt?

Thanks, Chris
[link]http://home.earthlink.net/~watttheheli/[/link]
Old 12-31-2006, 02:41 AM

Default RE: Did I hurt my Tx

Does it do the same thing when you have batteries in the Tx?
Old 12-31-2006, 08:56 AM

Yes… I am hoping this is a feature that tells me I am in 3D mode but does not allow the rotor blades to spin up while I am pressing the start button on the heli. Or maybe it is a warning to switch to normal mode

Old 12-31-2006, 09:58 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Its a warning from the TX to go back to Norm or flight mode (N), Is what the TX is susposed to do so no damage done.
Old 02-05-2007, 12:40 AM

C.O.L.

Excuse the month plus reply, but thank you. Not sure how it goes on this forum so I will err on the positive side and assume you appreciate a polite response. I am new to the RC heli world and had hoped I had made an informed decision after spending a good deal of time researching which model to buy. Apparently I didn’t spend enough time since I bought the Walker 60 model that will not lift off of the ground with the stock motor and batteries. And that is a blessing in disguise considering how bad the electrics are. I may well know more about working on RC helis than many pilots that have been able to achieve flight with their machine.

It just doesn’t seem right that I should have to spend as much money to make my heli lift off of the ground as I spent buying it. And from Watt [ ]I have heard I may still have glitches because of the metal frame.

Can you give me an answer to this problem that as was concise as the answer to the last problem? I think I know Watt the answer will be [:'(]

Thanks,
Chris