Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > Walkera Helis - Dragonfly, etc..
 need some help with the dragonfly 60 >

need some help with the dragonfly 60

Community
Search
Notices
Walkera Helis - Dragonfly, etc.. Discuss Walkera Dragonfly Helis and any Walkera products in this forum

need some help with the dragonfly 60

Search this Thread

Old 01-01-2007, 01:53 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default need some help with the dragonfly 60

Hello everyone
I just got a Walkera dragonfly 60 and haveing some problems with it. #1 where do u put the li poly battery it doesn't fit, there are 2 screws that prevent it from sliding in. Is there a trick or do u just attach it to the undercarriage? #2 can u use li poly battery with the stock brushed motor or do have to change motor and stuff? #3 having problem with lift it gets like 2 inches off ground, i am also using a training kit. #4 rear tail rudder servo doesn't move it seems to be frozen is this common it worked for a little while and stopped moving after a small crash in my house i hit my foot with the prop and bent the main rudder rod i fixed it and it seems to be fine.
Old 01-02-2007, 06:16 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: need some help with the dragonfly 60

#1- I pulled the screws and cut them to just fit the nut and lock-tited them back in, that gave the battery i used room to fit. Your battery might be to tall for that, and if it is then you can move the RX to down in side the battery compartment and mount the battery to the RX mount plate after bending it down to about a 45 degree angle. The canopy will still fit if you do this and is much better than straping it to the bottom, the battery can be held down with double sticky tape of Velcro.

#2- Yes you can use the brushed motor with the LiPo, i have been flying one of mine like that for 6 months with out a problem.

#3- Have you tried turning up the pitch and throttle curves? Make sure that you have about 10 degrees positive and 1 degree negitive total pitch, if not turn up (to the right) knob (V2) while useing DIP switch #10. Use (V1) to turn up the pitch curve. Useing DIP switch #11 turn up (V1) to raise the throttle curve.
Another thing you should do is put some larger gauge wire from the speed control to the motor and get rid of that plug and way under sized wire. It is a big voltage drop right there and larger wire will let more power reach the motor with less resistance. You might want to check out my thread "some things to make your heli better" right here on the Walkera forum, just go back one page and look at the bottom, its down there some where and has a lot of easy fixes for the DF-60.

#4- No, that servo must be jamed up or fried. When you grab the out put arm and carefully push or pull the arm it should move, if it does'nt its jamed or a gear is broken. If it does move and wont work from the TX, try pluging it in directly to the RX and bypass the gyro. If it works theres something wrong with the gyro, if not then try pluging in another servo into the rudder slot (no.4) on the RX. If it works then the servo is bad if not something is wrong in the TX or RX.

Let me know how it goes, and if you need anything else just ask.